Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Vtxoa

7K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  Beastie Boy 
#1 ·
I'm not trying to start any crap or make tension between the groups, just wanted to thank the Cafe for being a good bunch of guys who help out when ya'll can. I just canceled my VTXOA membership. Like W&J say... “Don't criticize unless you have a solution”....:patriot::choppersm:drunk:

#3 ·
I am a member on both. I honestly enjoy the atmosphere of the CAFE more than the OA.

I have seen countless numbers of thread just go into flame wars, and that really discourages me to no end. Now that is not to say we here at the cafe dont have flame wars, but they are nothing like the exceptionally high number as the OA.

I also have not found any USEFUL information on the OA as I have found here.

In the end, I guess if youre an internet tough guy, you would prolly favor the OA. If youre an average JOE and one who likes to pay it forward, you'd enjoy the CAFE.

And to the OP, youre not starting a flame war or anything like that. Youre just reaffirming our thoughts on the CAFE and the members that belong to it.

#4 ·
I made one post over there, that was enough for me.

Been there, done that, left the tee-shirt behind.

The quality of folks here and the camaraderie shared by all the members is quite enjoyable and I don't think I've ever had a question or needed info that I couldn't get here.

So here I stay...

#11 ·
The quality of folks here and the camaraderie shared by all the members is quite enjoyable and I don't think I've ever had a question or needed info that I couldn't get here. So here I stay...
I agree 100%. :mosh:

Just seemed to be an attitude by the established members they were just a little bit better than the newbie guys. Really saw some curt answers to basic newbie questions.

Glad I found the Cafe by happen stance. Just dumb luck from a google.
New people are very welcome here and they are treated as such. Without new people and ideas a good idea (the Cafe) would wither and die. :eek:

I suppose my post count here is higher because I doubt I would write a post like this one the OA.
People should not be scorned for voicing their opinion, whether good or bad, whether you agree or not. I think the atmosphere here is receptive to all opinions. Now sometimes we get a little tight . . . :spank: . . but I truly believe that at the end of the day we all log off as friends and fellow riders. At least that's what I'd like to believe. I can honestly say I've never had my feeling hurt here nor gotten upset with anyone who had a differing point of view and posted it. That's what these forums are all about, IMO. :cheers:

I've always tried to help people where ever I post but it seems like if I reference something on the OA with a link some people here get all up in arms about it. To me its a slap in the face when your trying to help someone and ya get blasted where you get your info from.
I agree, you have posted some very good responses to folks in the past who have needed help. But honestly, I don't recall having ever seen a post that was negative about your response including a link to the OA, or at least I may have missed it. I agree that we should all be helping each other and the source of the information should not be viewed as a negative against the poster. :nope:

#5 ·
i'm a member on both sites....love the guys here. its funny to see how some things flame up there real fast....especially CT issue, LOL....

In general, i've benefited from both sites and when i do something that is major to me, i feel obliged to give back. hence, i share on both sites (here first :D). but there was a couple of times, when i was in a jam and needed help right away, they surprised me.....

#7 · (Edited)
Been a member over there longer than here. I think I have a little over 20 posts there. It is better than riding in a rainstorm, I'll give them that
nothing wrong with riding in a rainstorm. :stirpot: or the Darkside, What is really good is the Darkside in the rain! LOL

#8 ·
I guess I really never gave that site a chance. Joined - never really felt comfortable or really welcome.

Just seemed to be an attitude by the established members they were just a little bit better than the newbie guys. Really saw some curt answers to basic newbie questions.

Glad I found the Cafe by happen stance. Just dumb luck from a google.

1st •> :choppersm2nd •> •> :choppersm3rd •> •> •>:choppersm4th •> •> •> •> :choppersm Gone •> •> •> •> •> _____ :choppersm​
•• National Cycle Switchblade 2up Windshield, National Cycle Switchblade Chrome Lowers •• Clocks4bikes Clock-Thermometer •• Big Bike Parts/Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Covers, Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Paladin Highway bar •• Cobra Luggage Rack, Sissy bar & Tribal Insert, Drive Shaft Cover •• Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen SaddleStow Sissy Bar Deluxe Bag •• Willie & Max Windshield bag •• VTXExhaust.com 12" Short •• VTX Master Cylinder covers •• WhyPush "X" Air Box, K&N Filter •• Cycle House side covers •• Biglry & Bones Fuel Management •• Coyote Gas Cap hinge •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips & Throttle Boss, SwingWing Foot Pegs, Dually offset pegs, License Plate Mount for VX 1800C, License Plate frame, Texas Inspection Sticker plate •• Hondaline Chrome Light Bar for 1800C •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator/eCaddy Accessory Mount •• Cardo Intercom Scala Q2 & G4 •• iPod •• Avon Cobra 200 -130 tires & Dyna Beads •• Tsukayu Strong bags/EasyBrackets •• Ultimate Bigboy driver seat with backrest and passenger seat •• Rivco Tachometer for 1800 C, Rivco 6" risers, Rivco Passenger boards/forward adaptors •• Big Bike Parts Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• Gremlin Bell •• Signal Minder -- next on list • Tweaked Scotrod Tool Bag mod, Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Xena XX14 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm, Stebel Horn, Progressive shocks….
:patriot:..........• Blessed to have been born in Texas •..........:patriot:
• Blessed to have been raised in Texas •
• Blessed to Live in Texas •
• If things continue as they are going - Hopefully I will be Blessed to see Texas as a Sovereign Nation again before I pass •
• Blessed I will be buried in Texas •

#9 ·
I'm a member on both, but have a much lower post count on the OA. I've never had a problem there (or on here) but I tend to go to the OA more for research purposes, and hang out over here.

I suppose my post count here is higher because I doubt I would write a post like this one the OA.

#10 ·
I've been a member there long before I was ever a member here. I can understand why people leave over there and are more comfortable here, but I can also understand why someone would leave here. I've always tried to help people where ever I post but it seems like if I reference something on the OA with a link some people here get all up in arms about it. To me its a slap in the face when your trying to help someone and ya get blasted where you get your info from... Heck I don't know, I think forums are like ice cream while addicting there are plenty of flavors some ya like some ya don't :cheers:

#12 ·
Only times I've ever been over is when there have been links from here. I haven't joined the OA and was thinking about it only so that when I follow the links I can get the pics but the times that has happened are so few and far between, not really worried about joining them.

#13 ·
I am not, nor have I ever been a member there. I have probably visited their site 5 to 10 times in the last 2 years, several of which were links posted here. Without going into a lot of detail because it really is not important, I just didn't feel the level of camaraderie I get here on the Cafe. I enjoy being here with this group of people and as such support the site as a sponsor and am proud to do so. :cheers:

#16 ·
Member of both sites, my post count between here & there is about 20:1 in favor of the Cafe. For all the Azz hats that frequent that site, there are some truely good guys, I've had a chance to meet some of them at a meet & greet, so, they're not all bad. JMHO

#18 ·
I found this place before i found VTXOA. Never even made an account there, which is odd, really. I have a volvo and am on 3 different volvo forums, and my wife has a saab (yes we like our swedishmoviles) and am a member of 2 saab forums. Guess I get all I need for the X right here.

#20 ·
I think it just depends on where you spend most of your time. This is probably the 10th or so time I've been here and joined here before the OA. I have learned so much and they guys there are AWESOME and EXTREMELY knowledgeable. Not saying the members here aren't just saying I don't know that because I haven't been here even close to as much as the OA. For me, it's hard to keep up on all the on goings of two forums, just don't have that kind of time, but really want to spend some time here and see what you guys have going on and make some new friends. Both sites are great and I'm glad I've found both.

- Cheers

#21 ·
I think it just depends on where you spend most of your time. This is probably the 10th or so time I've been here and joined here before the OA. I have learned so much and they guys there are AWESOME and EXTREMELY knowledgeable. Not saying the members here aren't just saying I don't know that because I haven't been here even close to as much as the OA. For me, it's hard to keep up on all the on goings of two forums, just don't have that kind of time, but really want to spend some time here and see what you guys have going on and make some new friends. Both sites are great and I'm glad I've found both.

- Cheers
Well said and I can totally understand!!

#22 ·
i joined both sites around the same time. the other site has a much larger member base, and with more people you will typically have more disagreements. i have to say though, i am rarely on the vtxoa...but in their defense when our house burned down christmas eve, there were many members from that site that helped us out. so i cant say anything bad about either site...both have their pluses and minuses respectively. i just personally feel more comfortable with smaller crowds in real life...and apparently its the same in the virtual world as well.

i am thankful to both the vtxcafe and the vtxoa...:patriot:

#23 ·
I have been called names on both boards, just because I dissagre with something, heck, I dissagree with alot of what people say. You can get bad advice on both boards. Some times I have to sit on my hands and I just chuckle at what some posts. On both boards.
So, there is not much differance between the two boards to me.
There is alot of guys I would like to meet on both boards and there are some that just reading their post and what they say, well, lets just say I dont care to meet up with them.

#24 ·
Joined the OA when I was first looking to buy my VTX. From there I found the Cafe. I, at the very least, check in here every day to see what's new, especially info on mods or bike problems that I can relate to.

Have to actually make myself remember to check in at the OA...just more comfy here from the git go, I guess. I think the unexpected welcome I got when I first signed pretty much set the stage for me. I was surprised so many even bothered. (Reminder to self...say hi more often to newbies)

I never had any problems with the OA, just never felt as at "home" there. I don't even begin to second guess something I'm going to post here in the Cafe...probably to my detriment sometimes.

But I've never felt I couldn't offer help to someone on one subject that I might have learned something just because I'm a novice or idiot on a hundred others. I feel I have to "weigh" my posts before posting over there.

#25 ·
I have a very good friend on the vtxoa board. He likes the other board a lot, which is great for him. I've noticed more flair ups on the other board. But, we can also be critical here too on this board, but no where near like vtxoa. I like this board more than the other because the atmosphere here to me is much nicer. Enough said. Time to ride!

#26 ·
The Honda dealer sent me to the VTXOA board at first, but I googled the Cafe' myself. The OA is alright, but the Cafe', while it has grown, has a more Hometown feel to it for me, which I like, while also encompassing the whole globe, with awesome members from Canada, Puerto Rico, Ireland, England, Deutchland, etc...

So, I stick around and learn, listen, toss in my 2 cents...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.