Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

The VTX Cafe Road Trip Map: Click here for informaion or to be added

24K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  MPD193 
#1 · (Edited)
Link to the map page with all the details: http://www.vtxcafe.com/view.php?pg=googlemap

I finally have all the bugs worked out on the map project and now have it posted on a secured page that only allows VTX Cafe member access....which was one of the big delays in me getting this posted.

Also as you will see on the link you can access this map via most any smart phone, and with Android phones you can access and use Google Navigation also!

To be added to the map: PM Ridinred or Rjtmac to be added to the map.

Please post with any questions or problems.

#3 ·
Very Nice!!! :patriot:

I don't know how to do any of those things. My phone is a smart business phone (HTC Ozone) my company makes me use. But I can't even find voice mail or things folks keep saying they textatized to me... :kidding:

So I don't think I'd be of much help. :confused:

#6 ·
PM sent...

PM sent...

This is something I will be using this summer...

#9 ·
This is great...I've been thinking of trying to get something similar going but don't have the experience with google maps to make it. I was thinking of going through the members list, writing down what they have listed as location and trying to put a pin or some kind of mark on the city with their sign on name. My thought was if on a trip, log on from a library or smart phone if there was a problem, and try and PM the closest member asking for directions to nearby dealerships or other essentials.

#17 · (Edited)
Good bump Ray. It is riding season and many are making long trips. It is nice to have somewhere to crash and save some $$ that will be needed elsewhere. Not to mention the friendships and contacts that can be made during a short stop over. Here in Bristol I have a place for others to stay when attending the two NASCAR Races each year and that saves our members a ton of money due to the motel/hotel jack-up prices during the events. I myself am planning a trip to Key West and it would be great to meet up with some members along the way, especially in South Florida and even possible in the Keys that can offer a rest stop and a tour of their area. If you are a sponsor of this site, why not give back a little to the other sponsor members for making this site a huge success.....It appears ther are 43 sponsor members on board now and with the number of members here on the site it should be much more than that with what we have to offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.