2005 VTX 1300R Owners Manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 VTX 1300R Owners Manual

2005 VTX 1300R Owners Manual

New to the forums but need help locating an owners manual for a 2005 1300R. Anyone know where I can find one? Have tried the auction sites with no luck. Thanks in advance.
    DMonGrendel

There is a downloadable copy, see the (Service Manual) link in my signature below. It should be fine for most things. Otherwise, we are all here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdot View Post
    There is a downloadable copy, see the (Service Manual) link in my signature below. It should be fine for most things. Otherwise, we are all here to help.
    +1 . . . . . manual is good for 99% of everything you need to know and things you can do yourself. Download it to a jump drive and take it to your local Office Max or Office Depot and have them print it and hole punch it for you. Grab a 3-ring binder and some dividers and set it up like you want it. Did mine a couple of years ago and keep it in my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by kenko View Post
    +1 . . . . . manual is good for 99% of everything you need to know and things you can do yourself. Download it to a jump drive and take it to your local Office Max or Office Depot and have them print it and hole punch it for you. Grab a 3-ring binder and some dividers and set it up like you want it. Did mine a couple of years ago and keep it in my shop.
    I agree with the downloaded manual it will tell you everything you need to know and if not this site will. Definitely take it some where to get it printed. I printed mine at home and it takes ALOT of ink (Probably could have bought the manual for what i ended up paying in ink). I didn't have it hole punched, instead i got some of those clear sleeves to slip paper in to protect it and put those in a 3 ring binder. I also bought so stick on tabs and separated it by the chapters.

Your owners manual should be in the tool box under the left side sidecover. Use your key to open the box, remove hte small tool pouch and henind that on the left side of the box is a compartment with the manual. I keep mine in a plastic bag along with my registration and proof of insurance. The manual will be there if noone has taken it out.

Quote Originally Posted by skparrish01 View Post
    . . . . . I also bought so stick on tabs and separated it by the chapters.
    Yep, I did the same thing with the dividers. Makes it real easy to find the chapter you need quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by DMonGrendel View Post
    New to the forums but need help locating an owners manual for a 2005 1300R. Anyone know where I can find one? Have tried the auction sites with no luck. Thanks in advance.
    DMonGrendel
    Send me your e-mail address to w3jnp at ptd dot net and I'll e-mail you a PDF copy. I have the same bike - 2005 1300R.

lamaybl5711 is offline Senior Member
    Maryland Riders Group
    Virginia Riders Group
    North Carolina Riders Group
    I printed mine at work......they wondered why the office printer ran out so quick. I've also saved a copy to each computer I have and to one of the office computers at work. I'm sure that's overkill but just to make sure I did go overboard on it, I've downloaded a copy to my phone as well as saved a copy onto a thumb drive (less than 1gb) put it in a small bag, and keep it with the manual in the pocket under the side cover.

Quote Originally Posted by lamaybl5711 View Post
    I printed mine at work......they wondered why the office printer ran out so quick. I've also saved a copy to each computer I have and to one of the office computers at work. I'm sure that's overkill but just to make sure I did go overboard on it, I've downloaded a copy to my phone as well as saved a copy onto a thumb drive (less than 1gb) put it in a small bag, and keep it with the manual in the pocket under the side cover.

My kind of guy! Over prepare for $hit to happen and hope it never does.

tomkat100 is offline Senior Member
    Missouri Riders Group
    Oklahoma Riders Group
    Quote Originally Posted by DMonGrendel View Post
    DMonGrendel
    Are you looking for an owner's manual or a shop manual?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information