Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

amen savior frame

4K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Xxinterstate riderxX 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
up for sale a project that really didnt even get started...lol... its an amen

savior frame not sure what year. all i know is that the last engine that was on

it was a honda 750. im asking $1000.00 o.b.o. thats what i have in it. not

really looking to break even. pretty much its in the way tired of moving it

around the garage. no title...well cant figure out how to upload an image but i did manage to upload the pic to my profile in the

gallery "work in progress"

See less See more
#2 ·
That frame looks familiar to me...

#4 · (Edited)
I built that from a new '73 Honda CB500 Four back in '73. The picture is a scan off a Polaroid taken back then and then scanned in a year or so ago. The picture didn't hold up well so it looks faded and grainy. I used Photoshop to try and correct it some.

#7 ·
If your asking me about my vintage Honda Chopper, yes, it is all from then. I did add longer fork tubes but that is all Honda running gear. I did the custom molding on the tube frame and all the body and paint work and total assembly. The tank is off a HD Sportster and the seat pans are custom made and I had a local guy upholster it. The taillight is modled into the back fender as is the license plate and it has directional turn lights in the single tail light assembly. The Amen Savior frame was the first "softtail" I ever saw and way before HD made one. I put on the biggest rear tire/wheel combo I could and laced up a larger front rim. That bike was still around town a couple years ago.

If I had a VTX engine sitting around I would try to stuff it into the frame that is for sale here. Be a great RETRO chopper.

Here is what the bare frame looks like. http://www.650motorcycles.com/amen.html

The pipes in the picture are what I put on my bike one they came in and I took off those slip-on mufflers. The ones i put on look like the Sideburners with 2 into 1 on each side.

Hey, looks like Amen is still in business and build some outstanding Choppers; http://www.amenmotorcycles.com/

#9 ·
Really? Cool. show pics as your project progresses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.