Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

polaris now owns indian motorcycles

8K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Nam 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I love the Indian Chief , its is a work of art and a thing of beauty . It is what I think of when I consider the reasons I got into motorcycles in the firts place . Any company that sees the value of continuing the Indian line is o.k. by me .....I just wish I could afford one ....

#11 ·
old indians were/still are amazing bikes...up to 1949 or 50, whichever it was. but when they started making them again in 1999, i wasnt that impressed...nice looking bikes...but the prices? nah. and now that polaris is aquiring indian...i dont see anything changing as far as the prices either. i think they might be just banking on the name...

#12 ·
theres a Victory/Indian dealer here in Michigan already (they also sell Big Dogs). When a buddy of mine wanted to trade in his soft tail I went with him for the trial rides. The prices were shocking (to me at least) When I saw a T shirt with the Script Indian for $70 :eek: I knew I was out of my element.

#18 ·
I personally would love to acquire an Indian chief. I think they are gorgeous bikes, but I will never be able to afford them. Hell I don't approve of Harley prices, saying that I can get a car for that price and drive it year round. With Indians, you could get a brand new (pretty nice) car that you could drive year round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.