Votes: 399 29.5%
  • S

Votes: 289 21.4%
  • T

Votes: 70 5.2%

What model VTX 1300 is the most popular and rarest

56K views 154 replies 90 participants last post by  bdm 
#1 ·
I've wondered about the most popular and rarest VTX 1300 is out there. My guess is the model R is the most popular and the model T is the rarest but is that true. What model do you have? If you are lucky enough to have two, mark which one get ridden the most then. This is just for fun anyway, nothing scientific.:D

#2 ·
I did a survey of the riders on the Texas Riders Map about 8 months ago. I can't seem to find it. I'll look.

I need to do it again. It just takes a lot of time to go through the entire list now. I have added a ton and don't even know how many are listed.

Thanks for the poll. Will jog me into going back into the map and getting the Texas Riders stats.

#4 ·
I would say the T model (Which is an R with factory windshield and bags) since they only had official T models for a few years towards the end.

Personally around here I see more of the R/S/T models versus my C model. All in all I don't think the VTX is that rare a bike around here I see more and more. As far as Rare goes, I would say color (OEM Colors only), tons of Red Black and Blue bikes to be seen around here (different shades for the different years) However I have only seen 2 other Orange bikes and only 1 was the Candy Orange that mine is. I have seen only 1 of the Uranium green bikes locally.

Kinda cool having a unique colored bike even though the Blue and Black gangs call us Skittles here :D

#108 ·
I would say the T model (Which is an R with factory windshield and bags) since they only had official T models for a few years towards the end.
Huh, I didn't know that. I guess the VTX I just got is a T. Has honda shield, honda riveted bags, matched riveted seats.

#5 ·
theres 2 different color shades of orange??? for me its the green color thats rare only seen 1 ever

#6 ·
I don't mind being a skittle, just means I'm unique :)

#7 ·
My color was only put on the 1300 C model for 2006, I would prob say the T or the F model would be most rare, but I have seen some factory two tone paint on the R's also rare

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Yea, I was going to do a poll on colors but I couldn't get my mind around all the different shades of blue. Then I got reminded of the two tones. It would be a pretty good list of colors and you are limited. I still think it would be an interesting poll. But like I said, I couldn't get my mind around it. Just sure enough I'd leave a color out and get chastised for it. Example, do you call burgundy red or a seperate color.:hmm2:

#10 ·
ah yes...the T...but then who still has a T?
My T has had the windscreen replaced by a Tsukayu fairing and the leatherbags replaced by the Tsukayu VTX specific quick detatch hardbags.
The only T feature left is the backrest (R doesn't come with one) and that will be gone by the end of June replaced by the Tsukayu tour pack.
So, Do I still have a T or an R with mod's - Ponder that one for your next poll :D

#12 ·
love the rear fender for the r/s/t... that's what made me choose my S. Although... if I had seen a 1300 like Vince's with the "N" fender off of an 1800, I would have probably gone with that instead. So, I keep looking for a N fender that I can afford and make the switch down the road. Maybe...

#18 ·
I've wondered about the most popular and rarest VTX 1300 is out there. My guess is the model R is the most popular and the model T is the rarest but is that true. What model do you have? If you are lucky enough to have two, mark which one get ridden the most then. This is just for fun anyway, nothing scientific.:D
Here's my monkey wrench to throw into your poll...You didn't say anything about the word "Factory"..Which would put many of us in a tie for the rarest VTX...One of which would be my 2007 "Electric Blue" X-Glide....Only one in existance...:mosh: :bleh: :cool:

#25 ·
:hmm2: Around these parts there are definitely more Retro (read big fat fenders) style X's than there are C's by a large margin. However, only two of them even know of, much less visit, the VTX Forums and almost all of the R-related guys don't do much to change/modify their rides that I can see.

Since C stands for Customizable (according to the Honda dealer where I bought mine, anyway) , it makes sense that most all the C's I know are on here (or the other forum) all the time!

So maybe, it's just that more C's are simply available to answer the question in the first place.... *put the missing "shrug" icon here*

#26 ·
Although there is know way to know for sure, I suspect there are pockets where there is one that is more prevalent than the other. And like you say, some that don't even visit the forum to register their vote. The poll was just to see if there was a general trend in one direction and I think the best that can be said is, yes there are 1300's out there.:D:D:D With "C" and "R" being nearly equal and "T" being the rarest. I'm not sure you can make much more of a statement than that. It was all just for fun to begin with. Nothing scientific by any means.

View Poll Results: Which model VTX 1300 do you have?
C
72 37.50%
R
65 33.85%
S
47 24.48%
T
8 4.17%

#27 ·
Uhhh??? What about the "N"'s? Are they just R's with different fenders??? or a different model?

#30 ·
Nevermind....I claim old age...went back to read original question....sigh...good thing I have a GPS...wouldn't find my way back home...

#33 ·
As far as what I've seen or come across, white, orange and green seems to be the rarest stock colors. I think I've only seen one white in person. Seems like C's are the most common I see on the street or for sale.
I do like some of the colors they offer now on the new line.
One thing I found is that HD charges more for any color other than black.
P

#65 ·
I've been away from the Forum for a long time...but you just made me realize what a "T" is/was. A Touring, right? When I bought mine there was no such thing as a touring version. I suppose that means fairing, hard bags and ????

The number of VTX 1300's (C, R, S, and T) produced from 2003 to 2009: 89,200.

-Gonz
I bought mine in 2002. It was a 2003 model though. Produced in Ohio.

Dealer cannot change the VIN...."T" model bikes had a different VIN number than the rest of the bikes, so that insurance would cover the extra stuff that came standard on those bikes...

Read post below..."S" bikes were made from 2003 through the 2009 model year....More than the 5 years you stated the way I learned math...lol...
My bike was made and sold in 2002, though it is a 2003 model. I got the first one to hit Ann Arbor Michigan. I had my choice of orange or illusion blue ($for $200 more). I chose the orange and painted it Cadillac Diamond Pearl white in 2006. I think Honda couldn't wait to get the bike on the showroom floor.

I think Im going to have to agree with ya.
Mine is a 03 1300 and I got it 5/30/02 the last 3 #s are 167
5/30/02 is when it was on the road. Can anyone here beat that???
If you can, I will want to see some proof, sorry.
I do beleave it was the first 1300 on the road.
Mine is 303, you have me beat.

#40 ·
Somebody thinks they have a mark ...

If I thought the wife could handle the 1800 I would seriously consider it but she just can't handle the weight...

It would go nice with the new jacket though. Fit perfectly. Even the wife liked it and she is not much on the "biker" look in clothing..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.