Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Bright @** Light's Brake Light

3K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Oceandiver 
#1 ·
Well I am planning on getting one I think. Does anybody know anything about these? These appear to be eye catching and attention getting. They even have a You tube page as well.....Thanks in advance.

Can you see me now?:cool:

http://www.brightasslights.com/site/quick-products

#11 ·
But I witnessed how bright Echotango's brake light is and it should be labeled the same thing plus it's a lot cheaper. Saying this thing is crazy bright is an understatement, I believe it's a emergency vehicle light. Check out his thread
http://vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=67008
A TIR3 red module mounted underneath your luggage rack or under the passenger seat with a bracket, wired straight to battery. Just as bright, and a lot less than those lights you posted. Just my 2 pennies.
i witnessed the same lights on the same ride JoJo and your right.
2 thumbs, TIR3 red is the same light being talked about, emergency lights. they are bright and do catch your attention. did you place yours under luggage rack or seat? do you have a pic?

http://www.oviedosafetylights.com/Shopping.idc?ProductID=189 :patriot:

Also look at sirenet.com. I have bought from them before, and they are awesome Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
that link is listed as under construction:nono:

hmm seeing as all the lights on that site appear to be Harley specific I'm not sure they will be what your looking for..... For sure will not be a "plug and play" option for the VTX
i was thinking same Ozzy, just my observation of course:mosh:

Too bad ... Custom Dynamics has your drop-in replacement LED bulbs... and I can attest to the brightness of them. They really will make you see stars ... lol. I didn't believe my BIL when he told me that being behind me was annoyingly obnoxiously bright. So we switched rides ... wowee is all I can say. Are they as bright as those TIR3 lights or whatever? Dunno since I do not have those.. but I am the "do it a little overboard" kinda guy and these Custom Dynamics lights satisfy even me.
which ones, CD has many set ups, some good, some ok and some are really good but expensive...:hmm2:

#9 ·
hmm seeing as all the lights on that site appear to be Harley specific I'm not sure they will be what your looking for..... For sure will not be a "plug and play" option for the VTX

#5 ·
A TIR3 red module mounted underneath your luggage rack or under the passenger seat with a bracket, wired straight to battery. Just as bright, and a lot less than those lights you posted.

I personally didn't like the idea of pulling stuff off the bike as I was afraid I'd mess something up. I ended up sucking it up and doing all my mods on my own. Plus when you do it that way, gives you a chance to learn your bike. At least that's how it was for me.

Just my 2 pennies.

#6 ·
Also look at sirenet.com. I have bought from them before, and they are awesome

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Too bad ... Custom Dynamics has your drop-in replacement LED bulbs... and I can attest to the brightness of them. They really will make you see stars ... lol. I didn't believe my BIL when he told me that being behind me was annoyingly obnoxiously bright. So we switched rides ... wowee is all I can say. Are they as bright as those TIR3 lights or whatever? Dunno since I do not have those.. but I am the "do it a little overboard" kinda guy and these Custom Dynamics lights satisfy even me.

#12 ·
No I havent done the install yet. I will more than likely buy the bracket from whatever site sells the tir3. Then modify to install under the rack or utilize the same bolt that is in the back of the rear seat. Wires run under seat to battery and be done with it.

#14 ·
My friend has those on his HD. They are HD specific, and they are bright. Also, has a built-in modulator for pulsating. Cool, but won't work for us. I tried already.

#15 ·
Echo what Big Hawg said. I have one of these on my Harley. I don't believe they make them for Honda, but some Kawasaki's.

Some of the guys riding with us at Fayetteville this year got to see that light on my bike. Showmevtx said it was very bright and no doubt about what I was doing.

If they made them for VTX's, I would put one on.

#18 ·
Hi Paul .. the back is healing very well thanks.
When I started playing with LED turn signal bulbs I ran into the fast flash rate problem but I used a direct replacement digital flasher relay. Plug and play... just swap with the existing flasher and it didn't care what combo of LED vs incandescent .. it simply flashes at the same (correct) rate no matter what type bulbs are used. Load equalizers aren't your best solution since they basically create heat to get the correct load for your stock flasher to flash correctly. Sorta defeats the whole purpose of using LEDs .. which is to get back some wattage for other uses.
I found no matter which plugin LED bulb I used it simply wasn't bright enough .. not even as bright as the stock bulb. Then I found the Custom Dynamics GEN180 stuff ... they are boards with a bunch of the very bright LEDs on 'em, shaped to fit our turn signal housings ... way bright.. plug and play ... win win

#24 ·
Hi Paul .. the back is healing very well thanks.
When I started playing with LED turn signal bulbs I ran into the fast flash rate problem but I used a direct replacement digital flasher relay. Plug and play... just swap with the existing flasher and it didn't care what combo of LED vs incandescent .. it simply flashes at the same (correct) rate no matter what type bulbs are used. Load equalizers aren't your best solution since they basically create heat to get the correct load for your stock flasher to flash correctly. Sorta defeats the whole purpose of using LEDs .. which is to get back some wattage for other uses.
I found no matter which plugin LED bulb I used it simply wasn't bright enough .. not even as bright as the stock bulb. Then I found the Custom Dynamics GEN180 stuff ... they are boards with a bunch of the very bright LEDs on 'em, shaped to fit our turn signal housings ... way bright.. plug and play ... win win
I have the amber Kury silver bullets for front turn signals. The lenses are slowly turning white. I saw your post and see the Custom Dynamics LED Billet bullets. Do you know if these are just the Kury's by a different name, or are they truly a different brand/make than the Kury's? Over the years of accessorizing, it seems I have replaced much of the Kury stuff with better quality.

#20 ·
You want 1 of each ..
GEN180-A-1156TH and GEN180-A-1157TH .. they come as pairs... 65 bucks a pair.

Then for the EDFR digital flasher relay. 15 bucks each. You need 1 .. or two since they are cheap and a backup is nice to have.

I also went with the deep dish bezels/smoked lenses.
The #2270 come with 2 circuit amber bulbs (running + turn for the front) .. 38 bucks a pair
The #2268 come with single circuit amber bulbs (turns only for the rear) .. 36 bucks a pair
You won't use the bulbs that come with them but it's not a bad idea to keep 'em in your tool pouch as backups since you can run any combination of bulbs.

For the tail light I found something from Radiantz that looks like it would be nice.. again it's a board with 128 bright wide-angle LEDs shaped to fit the tail light housing. I have never tried Radiantz so I cannot say anything about how bright it is or isn't. If I still needed an LED tail light solution (remember I am swapping my fender for the N fender) I would give it a try.

If you are also running a modulator/running lamp gizmo for the rear turns then you need to consider that before you buy .. any questions you can just give me a call ... I am pretty darned available lately ... lol

#23 ·
There was a write up a while back I believe from Surfcityred where he cut up the area under the taillight and mounted a TIR3 under the lens to work as a brake light. Granted that only works as a brake light then but I would think you would be seen anytime you use the brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.