Fuel additive for ethanol gas

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel additive for ethanol gas

nighthawk is offline Senior Member
    Florida Riders Group

Fuel additive for ethanol gas

I was talking to some one the other day. He showed me a bottle of fuel additive to combat the ill effects of ethanol in todays modern gas. Well I have certainly heard that ethanol is not really good for motorcycle engines,but is anyone else using an additive for this?

Mullet863 is offline Village Idiot Florida Riders Group
    Not something that I'd heard of, and honestly I don't really worry about it, if it was that bad wouldn't there be bikes falling apart all over the place? I agree it's not the best, but it's kind of like I don't eat egg white omelets and skim milk every morning, but I'm still pretty happy with the way I'm running!

G3Truks is offline Curmudgeon at Large Tennessee Riders Group
    Try a little seafoam. Wal-Mart has it for cheap. I run about half a bottle through every other tank just to keep the carb and jets clean.

marose63 is offline Senior Member
    Louisiana Riders Group
    Quote Originally Posted by G3Truks View Post
    Try a little seafoam. Wal-Mart has it for cheap. I run about half a bottle through every other tank just to keep the carb and jets clean.
    +100
    Lucas is good also. I use it. You can get either one at Wal-Mart. I run about a 1/3 of bottle through my tank a month.

Bassdude404 is offline The guitar, not the fish!
    Ohio Riders Group
    Michigan Riders Group
    Indiana Riders Group
    Illinois Riders Group
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
    Well I have certainly heard that ethanol is not really good for motorcycle engines,but is anyone else using an additive for this?
    Nope...Ethanol WILL NOT hurt your engine in your bike, car, lawn mower, chainsaw, weedeater, or gas powered vibrator...Lot's of total BS about E10 being spread around...It's all I've been able to buy for over 20 years where I'm at, and have not had a SINGLE problem running it in anything I own...

BTW..I DON'T own a gas powered vibrator....Just want to clarify that...lol...

Check this out. Startron a fuel additive that is suppose to increase fuel economy, power and reduce emmissions of ethanol blended gas and diesel fuel. Has anyone tried it? What are your thoughts?
    http://mystarbrite.com/startron//con...12/34/lang,en/

WoodyZ is offline Gator for life Florida Riders Group
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    Check this out. Startron a fuel additive that is suppose to increase fuel economy, power and reduce emmissions of ethanol blended gas and diesel fuel. Has anyone tried it? What are your thoughts?
    http://mystarbrite.com/startron//con...12/34/lang,en/

The guy who hosted our tech session sells Startron and swears by it. This guy has built and still builds and tunes race bikes and others, so I trust his opinion. What he says he has seen with ethanol fuels is an algae like growth that can get stuck in nooks and crannys. This stuff keeps it from building up, and according to him is just as good if not better than Seafoam. I haven't tried it yet, but will be getting a bottle. You only use I believe a half ounce per tank full for the bike. That bottle should last awhile.

PABL98 is offline Senior Member Pennsylvania Riders Group
    May years ago when I last rode , I had a 650 Triumph added a few oz. of Marvel Mystey Oil to my bike and the RPM's increase by 300-400 RPM's for about 3 minutes , then a few years ago I added it to my wife 4 cylinder Chevy , got a call from her when she got to work that the car was running rough , pick up the car filled the tank and was ok. So was this a waste of money or not adding the Mystey Oil ?

I have been using startron all this year and love it!!! I had a problem with my carb getting some sludge in it from the ethenol sitting ..it creates a sludge if not ran often..have not had a problem since.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bassdude404 View Post
    Nope...Ethanol WILL NOT hurt your engine in your bike, car, lawn mower, chainsaw, weedeater, or gas powered vibrator...Lot's of total BS about E10 being spread around...It's all I've been able to buy for over 20 years where I'm at, and have not had a SINGLE problem running it in anything I own...

BTW..I DON'T own a gas powered vibrator....Just want to clarify that...lol...

Ditto....on all points

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyZ View Post
    The guy who hosted our tech session sells Startron and swears by it.
    Really? Would you expect a different outcome?

Quote Originally Posted by vannutz View Post
    I have been using startron all this year and love it!!! I had a problem with my carb getting some sludge in it from the ethenol sitting ..it creates a sludge if not ran often..have not had a problem since.....
    How did you determine that the cause of the sludge was from the ethanol and not from contaminated fuel source or something else?
    I don't doubt the claims of Sea Foam and others for cleaning fuel systems just the unsubstantiated claims of damage and everything else due to ethanol.

The ethanol debate swirls everywhere and the only thing that is really lacking is scientific evidence that ethanol is bad. Everyone has heard a story but no one has the science to back it up. Watch for anecdotal evidence and learn to recognize it. Next time someone tells you a story ask them for the facts. The debate will likely end there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information