Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Oregon Riders?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Bigjoes 
#1 ·
where are the Oregon riders, some nice weather last few days. cold mornings but nice during the afternoon. anyone else been getting any riding in? Central Willamette Valley area has been nice has helped with winter blues.

#2 ·
Not alot of riding for me up in portland. We get on decent 55 degree day every two weeks it seems and then it just rains the rest of the time. Had a little snow dusting on the ground this morning...the day before it's officially spring! Just bought my 5w40 synthetic oil for my bike though and im excited to change it and take my baby out for a spin

#4 ·
Taking my 3rd annual ride this year on the 19th. Going to winimmucca NV to pick up my brother who rides a 1300 V-Star. Two fellas from work are going with me as well. 1400 miles in 4 days. going up through Idaho and checking out some ghost towns in north eastern Oregon. thats going to push my bike very close to 10,000 miles per year. got it in July 08 and will have 38,000+ when I get back. Looking forward to HOT high desert weather and relaxation in the saddle. Might mount a Go-Pro this time.
Used a pair of Cam Shades last year for a quick video of a place I call Hanglider Pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeMb592d9bo

#7 ·
I bought it used with after market exhaust and K & N air filter. When decelerating it pops bad and is backfiring from the exhaust on downhill so i am doing the Pair valve mod. Also was told by my Dad the EFI needs to be tuned to the exhaust. So bought the Cobra Auto tuner since I read that will help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.