Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Info on Kuryk engine chrome kit

2K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  tomkat100 
#1 ·
Interested in info on anyone who has the Kury chrome engine dress up kit. How is the chrome quality? How is the fit? How hard is it to install? Any issues once installed?
1300R
Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
Mine is on an 1800C, but they're pretty much the same. Installation is easy, it REALLY looks a lot nicer imho, the chrome hasn't faltered at all yet (my bike sits in the hot sun, rain, whatever) for the past year or so, been a slow year for actual riding on her so probably about 6k miles so not 'that' much... I'm sure eventually it'll fail, as will all my chrome some sad day.

Mort

Before:

After:

I like it even more after blacking out the heat sinks (like in my sig pic), but don't have a direct pic handy...

Mort

#4 ·
I had it for about two years and it's a good looking kit. Be careful and check your clutch cable frequently. There's a sharp edge on the from Kury cover on the LH side. It wore through my clutch cable twice and so the covers are off now...

#8 ·
I bought a used set that were a couple years old and it still looked new, I've had them for almost a year now and they still look just as nice so no worries on the chrome quality (unlike some of kury's other parts) I think they look great on the engine and for the price it makes a Huge difference in how it looks overall.

There not all like that, but this issue can be fixed by either filing that edge by the cable or just tweeking that corner up just a touch. It's a pretty easy fix

#15 ·
I just put mine on, really looks sharp. I had doubts but after I got them on it was like WOW! that really dresses up the lower engine. Search around, I found them for $144 online and bought them from West End Motorsports (they will match or beat the price). Although after seeing Bills painted, I like that to, really nice looking.

#17 ·
Just put them on my 2007 1800T...make sure u are aware if u have aftermarket pipes they will not go on as per instructions. I have Cobra Longs on mine and it was a challenge getting them on. The back portion of the set did not sit flush on the rite side. Had to use a long screw drive and attached an allen wrench and go in from the left side to screw in to right plate. The bottom plate right plate and back plate could not go in as one piece as per instructions had to go around the pipes to piece together. Otherwise love them. Looks really good!!

#20 ·
With my dooleys, since the ignition is relocated, I had to do a little grinding and cutting, but the finished result is worth it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.