Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

200mm tire?

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  kettlinton 
#1 ·
I have a 1800R and I need to get a set of tires. I was wondering is is possible to use a rear 200mm Tire. somebody toll me I can.. any suggestion? or suggest any brand or number? If is possible, which 200 tire would fit without making any modifications.

Thanks!

here is my bike..

See less See more
#2 ·
From everything I have seen any m/c 200 will fit. But, you won't really see a difference on the R because of the rear fender. I am running a Bridgestone on the rear of my T and it looks wider than some 200's. Personally I would find a 180 that isn't a stock "Duncrap" and go with that.

#6 ·
Wao! Thanks for answering and for all your tips! super grateful. after reading all your views and experiences, I think I'll stick with the 180. thank you for your time. was very helpful for me. this forum is the best!
Posted via Mobile Device

Wao! Do you have a picture of the bike with the tire? It is the tire like flat? I can't imaging the bike with a car tire.
Posted via Mobile Device

#5 ·
I went back to the 180 after burning through a couple of different 200's. Had an Avon and a Bridgestone. The 200 will fit on the stock 1800 rim however it's really not the right tire size for it. Now I loved the way the 200 looked and handled but it tends to wear a flat spot in the wider contact patch around the center of the tire. I got less that 8000 miles out of each tire before they needed replacing. And I kept the pressure at 40 and used dynabeads too.
I put a Dunlop Elite 3 180 on back in February in the hopes that I'll get better mileage out of it. By the way the 180 has a deeper tread than the 200 and it doesnt matter what brand. Now if I dont get significantly more miles out of the 180 then I'll go back to the 200.
Here's a pic of the 200 on my 1800 C.

Here's one with the 180. You can see how much better the 200 fills the fender well. That being said ,with that big fender on your R you're probably not really going to be able to tell much difference in the appearance. And don't let the absence of the saddlebags deceive you, it's an optical illusion. Look at the tire's in both pics compared to the fenders respectively. Now if you still want to use the 200 just keep in mind that that's a pretty pricey piece of rubber, And if you ride as many miles annually as I do it adds up pretty quick. It's expensive to replace tires almost as often as an oil change.

Oh and that stock C exhaust looks awesome on your R. I always thought the designers at Honda were drunk when they submitted the final designs on the C and R in that they had the pipes reversed.

#8 ·
Wao! Do you have a picture of the bike with the tire? It is the tire like flat? I can't imaging the bike with a car tire.
Posted via Mobile Device

uh oh[/QUOTE]

lmao hawk!

search darkside there are tons of people running car tires on vtx's

plus side is awsome traction got 20000 out of my last car tire and changed it because of a bubble in the sidewall not tread the biks doesnt kick out when you lock up the brakes oh and did I mention insane traction in the rain?

anyway use the search deal and look up darkside its not for everyone but I m stuck on it!:choppersm
chop

#10 ·
200 ftw.

Darkside 50/50.

180 meh. :)

Mort

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.