Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

too far back from handle bars VTX1300C 2007

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JWEIN 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 VTX1300C - I replaced the stock T bars with handlebars that fit the 1300R and 1300S. I am smaller at 5'6", I already have 4inch risers on these bars and I am still back just a bit too far causing neck,shoulder, back issues after about 50miles. I like the idea of the punisher bars (feeling these would put bars at the perfect length from me as well as looking awesome) yet believe those are T bars as well and my thought is that these bars will continue to have my arms spread out too far for my size. I welcome any input and advice as I would like to get moving on fixing this sizing issue.
thanks so much for your time!
JWEIN

#2 ·
Hey, welcome first of all! You will get responses to your request but if you go to the 'search' tab and type your question, you will get many answers that relate to your question. Much easier for you and you can read up on all the different set ups guys have done. Im sure you will enjoy it, it gives you so many ideas, its great ! Good luck, be safe!

#3 ·
Just a thought. In addition to riser and handlebar combinations to get the bars closer to you, you can also modify your seat to get you closer to the handlebars. I had my seat done by Robert Doerr who's a member here and if you PM him or look up his webiste and contact him he could give you some advice on this. The other thing I've realized is that a lot of local Upholsters do a lot of motorcycle seat mods and you may be able to find one in your area. This way, he could see you sitting on the bike and suggest what he could do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.