Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Tsukayu LED Install

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Wizza 
#1 ·
I received my Tsukayu Jumbo Bags last week and I got the bags with the LEDs. I did not see any pre-drilled holes for routing the wires, so I assume I'll need to create my own holes and come up with a way to waterproof them. Since I've never done this before I wanted to check on here before I started hacking away at my new bags. :icon_chai

Has anyone else installed these bags with the LEDs? Is there a standard well-tested method for routing the wires through the hard bag?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

#3 ·
My wires are ran into the bags but I didn't drill any holes, they just go in where the opening is. You just have to be careful not to pull them out when you are loading or unloading cargo.
Do you mean that you just pull the wires through the top? :hmm2: I'm not sure that would work with the Jumbo Bags. They have a weather seal around the lid that I think would chew on the wires... or vice versa which could cause them to leak.

#4 ·
Oh ok, yeah you may want to drill holes then. Mine are hard bags but they don't chew out the wires at all so I've never tried to re-wire it. I bought the bike like this so that's why...
I don't have any experience but I would think if you drill holes you should use silicon to seal it.

#6 ·
I finally decided to drill the side and found a rubber grommet at Home Depot to fill most of the hole. I filled the rest of the hole with a putty they had for weather-proofing. It's like plummer's putty, except it never dries or gets hard. You can even paint it, but I just pushed it in the hole and covered the inside with electrical tape. I did about 500 miles in pouring rain this week with no leaks :icon_joy:

#8 ·
I used a small hole just large enough for the wire to route through next to one of the mounting bolt holes. Then it sneaks up under the fender to the secure tab to hold the original wires. Big gotcha point is be certain there is no rubbing on the tire or fender ... shrink wrap X2 helps for the point it may touch the fender edge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.