Custom VTX Gas Tank

Thread: Custom VTX Gas Tank

Custom VTX Gas Tank

Has anyone ever seen or heard of anyone modifying a VTX tank to have the gas filler on the top right corner to allow for more gas? or does anyone knwo of anyone that build custom tanks for the VTX 1300C?

Thanks,
    Chris

JC507JC is offline Senior Member Texas Riders Group
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck... View Post
    Has anyone ever seen or heard of anyone modifying a VTX tank to have the gas filler on the top right corner to allow for more gas? or does anyone knwo of anyone that build custom tanks for the VTX 1300C?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Im having mine done like that right now. Don't know if it'll allow more gas but I guess it could. Many places online do it. You can check out links custom graphics and talk to Eli. Very reasonable price wise.

Lucien is offline Senior Member
    California Riders Group
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck... View Post
    Am I missing something, or can't you just fill your bike up while you are sitting on it holding it upright??

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    Am I missing something, or can't you just fill your bike up while you are sitting on it holding it upright??
    The right-orientation is so you don't have to stand your bike up for a full fill. My wife's Shadow is like that. Mine I still have to stand up while I fill it.
    P

I would understand a bigger tank or an Aux tank, but why go through all that trouble for maybe a half a gallon gas. That's about 20 miles.

If you going for the cool factor or a pop up gas cap, then great. Whatever floats your boat.

Amazing thing about these bikes is you can top them off with only half to 3/4 of a tank of fuel to make it another 150 miles.

I ride out west also and I have never seen more than a hundred miles between stations and I try to plan accordingly.

Bassdude404 is offline The guitar, not the fish!
    Ohio Riders Group
    Michigan Riders Group
    Indiana Riders Group
    Illinois Riders Group
    Quote Originally Posted by MPD193 View Post
    I would understand a bigger tank or an Aux tank, but why go through all that trouble for maybe a half a gallon gas. That's about 20 miles.

If you going for the cool factor or a pop up gas cap, then great. Whatever floats your boat.

Amazing thing about these bikes is you can top them off with only half to 3/4 of a tank of fuel to make it another 150 miles.

I ride out west also and I have never seen more than a hundred miles between stations and I try to plan accordingly.
    I'm with you...Alot of work and $$ for very little gain, and in my opinion a fugly gas tank when it's all said and done...

I understand, I'd like it if mine were on the right corner so I could fill it up more. But I'm not into spending lots of dough on a new tank and staying on the bike to fill up sucks at stations where there is no where to put your gas cap. That is why I bought Glens Gas Cap Hinge. Cheap, easy and looks awesome. Now I don't have to worry about where to put the cap, it just flips up and out of the way.

I also have Glen's gas cap hinge and I made a round block about 2 " high that I carry in my saddlebag. If I want to get that little extra in I just pull out the block, under the kickstand and filler up.. then

if you over fill the tank it just pisses out the vent line in front of the back tire.....just saying

Quote Originally Posted by JC507JC View Post
    Im having mine done like that right now. Don't know if it'll allow more gas but I guess it could. Many places online do it. You can check out links custom graphics and talk to Eli. Very reasonable price wise.
    How's your tank coming? Would like to see pics when you get it back.

Thread Information