Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Custom VTX Gas Tank

11K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Canuck... 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever seen or heard of anyone modifying a VTX tank to have the gas filler on the top right corner to allow for more gas? or does anyone knwo of anyone that build custom tanks for the VTX 1300C?

Thanks,
Chris

#3 ·
Has anyone ever seen or heard of anyone modifying a VTX tank to have the gas filler on the top right corner to allow for more gas? or does anyone knwo of anyone that build custom tanks for the VTX 1300C?
Am I missing something, or can't you just fill your bike up while you are sitting on it holding it upright??

#5 ·
I would understand a bigger tank or an Aux tank, but why go through all that trouble for maybe a half a gallon gas. That's about 20 miles.

If you going for the cool factor or a pop up gas cap, then great. Whatever floats your boat.

Amazing thing about these bikes is you can top them off with only half to 3/4 of a tank of fuel to make it another 150 miles.

I ride out west also and I have never seen more than a hundred miles between stations and I try to plan accordingly.

#7 ·
I understand, I'd like it if mine were on the right corner so I could fill it up more. But I'm not into spending lots of dough on a new tank and staying on the bike to fill up sucks at stations where there is no where to put your gas cap. That is why I bought Glens Gas Cap Hinge. Cheap, easy and looks awesome. Now I don't have to worry about where to put the cap, it just flips up and out of the way.

#8 ·
I also have Glen's gas cap hinge and I made a round block about 2 " high that I carry in my saddlebag. If I want to get that little extra in I just pull out the block, under the kickstand and filler up.. then :choppersm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.