Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Sound system mod

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  BryanN 
#1 ·
So with all the rain around these parts the last week I had a lot of time to do little catch up maintenance etc on the X. I was in my garage playing some tunes on a portable MP3 speaker setup I have that sounds damn good for what it is. I got to thinking and the next thing you know I'm out riding with my neighbor listening to my Sirius radio. I have to say, I was impressed by how well I could hear the music, other than for when we hit the highway, we got to about 80, then I closed my face shield.... But before that point it was awesome.

Dont mind all the loose wires, I took these pics late last night and this morning. I have not yet cleaned it all up. The tube is a
Logitech mm32 Portable Speaker System for iPod & MP3 Player, you can find them refurbed on fleabay for about $32 (http://compare.ebay.com/like/320934703919?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar). The Sirius is the one I run in my jeep, I ran to Radio Hack and picked up another car mount kit. I can also run my iPod or Droid phone to the system. The speakers are battery powered... yes, 4 "AA" batteries. No hard wire install necessary.

I attached them to the triple trees with heavy duty Velcro so I can remove when I want and store in the bags.

Keep in mind, I have the Cobra 4" risers and Glen's 4" headlight extension allowing for more room behind the risers.

See less See more
#4 ·
Heavy Duty Automotive Velcro on top of the Triple trees.

#5 ·
Thanks Spyker.... Soon it's a Spyker mod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.