Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Carb jetting info

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Kevrox 
#1 ·
OK guys i need some info from the experts out there!!! im installing a hyper charger and planning on drilling my exaust to get more performance and some more sound!

ok does any one expertly know the differance between the dyno jet jets and the stock jets. i and currently jetting with a dyno jet stage 1 kit and installed a 195 main jet te new needle on the #4 slot and installed the new pilot jet i think it was a 65k. i know everone swears by the scar mod method but i already spent the cash on this kit and want to make it work b4 i just toss the cash for it in the trash because it wont work!!! ive heard the stock 195 jet is the same as a dyno jet 2xx but i dont know if there is any truth in that. please help guys!!! i need the info so i can make the correct adjustments and jet choices!! is there any one out there with dyno jet experiance or is currently running the stage 1 kit?

#2 ·
toss that 65 pilot in the trash.

DJ jets you need the 200 main and you need a 60 pilot at most 58 pilot will even work
Needle will be on the 4th clip from the blunt end.
Toss the crap vacuum line (it rots in a few months) they sent you in the garbage too and get a new piece at the auto parts store.

Good luck with the knee banger mine is now my door stop

#5 ·
3.5 turns and it'll fall out on the floor...Never go past 3 turns..I'm just barely past 2.5 out with the stock 55 pilot...Also the A/F screw is only for idle/just barely off idle mixture...Not the entire rev range...

Now I'll let Charlie continue, as I don't even pretend to know how to setup a Hyper...Don't have one and don't want one...

#6 ·
Depends on the pilot you use
65 supplied with the kit 1 turn open for starting might take much less
60 the one I would use 1 3/8 open
58 good choice 1 7/8 open

A/F is for idle richness only the pilot size assists till the needle starts to raise.
So proper pilot is a must if you want it to run properly, to big (65) it will be real rich (60) is perfect for a heavy breather (58) is great for moderate breather like the Hyper.

#13 · (Edited)
Out of curiosity, what Hyper charger do you have? The pro? With the 2nd hole on it or the regular one? If it is the pro. hit me up. I will send you a piece of HEPA filter to correct a problem. If it is the regular one, your good.
http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.ph...ter-Filter-Fix

Just to clarify... The Hypercharger Pro has a solid outer body. The Pro-R has the extra inlet. Not trying to nitpick, just didn't want anyone to get confused.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.