Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Leesburg - April 26-28

7K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  crew 
#1 ·
#10 · (Edited)
Always a great gig !

... get to town waaaay before noon to get a parking space on main street ...

Like most "biker" events ... the real joy is the ride there ... being out amongst 'em ...

... but if you wait until afternoon to ride in you are going to get jammed riding into town and traffic stops on main street anytime anyone wants to park or leave ... (see photo for details)

The folks in Leesburg are welcoming in he extreme ... the locals aim to please (MOL) rather than to rip you off ... and the event has a certain 1950s feel to it ... but it is getting more "commercial" and impersonal by the year ... so .. catch it while you can ...

Eat at one of the local restaurants as they do not jack their prices for the event and the food is as good as they serve the locals when you're not looking ... stay away from the carny foods and beverages ...

... and "ride like a pro" is not to be missed ...

Jerry is an old friend of the VTX community and very approachable ... great guy with a "good heart" that has been an invaluable contributor to the motorcycle community ...

Get a ride pin early in the day if you want to take our choice ... if you're coming in for several days, you can always get an "upscale" room between Ocala (40 minutes away) and Leesburg for standard rates with discounts if you look for them ...

... and don't forget to have a "good time" ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

#13 ·
I plan on riding up from Ft. Pierce. I'm hoping to get a few local guys down here together so we can ride up together. If anyone lives down my way wants to ride up together, let me know when the date gets closer. BTW, I do not plan on running the Turn-pike. (441 to 60 to 27)

#14 ·
the precision ride teams are fun to watch. you can tell they've practiced alot. you'll get alot of vendors, some stages set up with music...the usual. the ride there is usuallhy the most fun part, parking on the street or in the middle, lol, along the main strip is always fun. later on in the afternoon/evening, this can get to be fun, as some spots get really tight and some riders get really shaky...

http://www.leesburgbikefest.com/

#22 · (Edited)
Has anyone set a meeting place for Cafe members to meet and greet and eat? It might be cool to get together with our northern brothers and tip a few while walking around up there.:cheers:

Looking to share room cost with someone for Fri. and Sat. nights. Just found out I'm able to take a few days off!

#27 ·
I want to head over Friday and come back home sat. But I have to check for rooms. It would just be me riding up and down.

BuYA!
Alex, If you don't mind camping this place still had sites the other day when I called. http://www.blackbassresort.com/

Looks like Jill and I won't be going. My brother in law is in the hospital, so my sister won't be able to watch my daughter.
I will probably ride up for a while on Friday though.

#25 ·
I think I'm going to take Saturday off and head up there... not sure if my local fellas are riding up... we typically ride west on 192 through kissimmee over to 27 and north... figure I'll do the afternoon, early evening, ride home.

#31 · (Edited)
Looking to Friday's weather, so far it's looking wonderful through Sunday a.
I know the weather is fickle and such but we probably won't get anything like last night ...
We now have a well fertilized and seeded Withlacoochee ...
My neighbors are grateful for my modest contribution ...

but ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.