Question Hard bags on a VTX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard bags on a VTX

Hard bags on a VTX

I have a 2005 VTX 1300C. I have ordered an audio fairing that will hopefully be in soon. I now want to add hard bags to the back end. Obviously, I want to also get rid of the C fender. I have looked at the QQ back end but I really like the look of the Harley back end. I have looked at many bags and most are too short for my liking. So, my question is, has anybody put the Harley stuff on the back end and have good close up pictures? Or does anybody else have an opinions on this. I don't want the phatillac or something that big and low, I still want to turn with it. I am a new member to the forum today but I have read hundreds of posts on here. It's a great place. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Can't help with the Harley bags but I have a C also and went with Tsukayu Strongs. Welcome from Tennessee and good luck on your search.

Thanks hoss37! I looked at the strongs but wanted something that hangs lower. I did order the 3rd gen fairing from Tsukayu last week.

Re: Hard bags on a VTX

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyp View Post
    I have a 2005 VTX 1300C. I have ordered an audio fairing that will hopefully be in soon. I now want to add hard bags to the back end. Obviously, I want to also get rid of the C fender. I have looked at the QQ back end but I really like the look of the Harley back end. I have looked at many bags and most are too short for my liking. So, my question is, has anybody put the Harley stuff on the back end and have good close up pictures? Or does anybody else have an opinions on this. I don't want the phatillac or something that big and low, I still want to turn with it. I am a new member to the forum today but I have read hundreds of posts on here. It's a great place. I appreciate any help you can give me.
    Me and a buddy put harley bags on his roadstar. We welded tabs on the bag brackets to fit his fender bolts. Looked sweet. I will eventually get hd bags for my 1300c . I gotta fix my cbr first since i high sided it. Someone in the cafe put dooleys on their bike with the hd bags and it was awesome looking. If ya got access to a welder you can make just about anything .

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

oldcop812 is offline Senior Member Florida Riders Group
    Hello and Welcome to the Cafe from the Coast, Port Orange, FL that is.

I'm looking for hard bag's as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag75 View Post
    Someone in the cafe put dooleys on their bike with the hd bags and it was awesome looking. If ya got access to a welder you can make just about anything .

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    Marty W has duallies and Harley bags. Check out his album.

http://www.vtxcafe.com/album.php?alb...chmentid=40314

Check out Daytona VTX, he is making and selling bags he designed. They look like our rear fenders and have the same lights, the storage space is really big. He has a link here on the site and you can see the bage.

http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.ph...er-bags/page30

Thank you all for the replies. The QQ bag came closest to what I was looking for but a little too rounded for my taste. I have stretched bags and a custom fender being made right now to fit the 1300C. I will post the pictures as we are on the project.

Thanks Jag75. I have a welder and the brackets wouldn't be a problem. I was more worried about being able to tuck the bags in tight as the harley shock relief in the bag is in the wrong location for the VTX. I hope I have the solution underway now.

That is cool, thanks for the pics. I was looking for lower bags. I hope I have the solution now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information