Chrome fork covers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chrome fork covers

Chrome fork covers

Will the chrome fork covers from an R or S model fit on a C? I can't find any aftermarket covers.

thundrhd is offline Dragon Slayer
    Missouri Riders Group
    Indiana Riders Group
    Illinois Riders Group
    Steve, try honda direct line @ http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com they have some fork "flames" as covers the product page shows them on a "c" model got to product and click forks.

Lightbulb Not Really

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Will the chrome fork covers from an R or S model fit on a C? I can't find any aftermarket covers.
    Well it can be done but with $$$ and time. The bottom tree is not the same on a C model as the R/S models. Also the fork legs on the R/S models have a nylon rub ring so the the bottom cow bell does not rub a hole in the leg. Your best bet is to find a complete R/S front end in good shape, and switch them out. You could drill your bottom tree and use fork lowers from a 99 and up Harley Touring model. They also have the 41 MM front fork tubes like your bike. The Upper covers may have to be cut. I'm not sure what the lengths are. Hope this helps. GG

thundrhd: thanks for the response. Nice covers for the lower case but I'm really looking for the Fat Fork look.

Green Ghost: thanks to you also. I will look into those options, and yeah, it gets expensive. Kewl Metals may have what I what too. I may just do the 6*rake also. Lets see, pay the morgage or .........................

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    thundrhd: thanks for the response. Nice covers for the lower case but I'm really looking for the Fat Fork look.

Green Ghost: thanks to you also. I will look into those options, and yeah, it gets expensive. Kewl Metals may have what I what too. I may just do the 6*rake also. Lets see, pay the morgage or .........................
    You can have the tops made almost any diam and length GG

Last edited by Green Ghost; 02-06-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Hey GG, He Can Always polish those suckers like we did.. Check out my photo gallery

J&P CYCLES sell crome fork covers for the 1300. I believe they are $160.00. I bought a set for my bike but haven't installed them yet.

A little bit of info about the fork covers: I've found out that the differences between the Honda Sabre (VT1100) and the VTX 1300 R/S (any year) fork covers (or 'tins' as some call them) is ONLY the lengths. The fork diameters (top, bottom and lapping points) are the same and the mounting brackets are the same. So, if you have, or can find VTX 1300 upper fork covers and you can find Sabre lower covers, they will mate up. Honda engineering, I luv their mind set.

The Sabre upper fork covers and the lowers are a tad longer in length (about 3/8" to 1/2" each). The Sabre uppers would have to be cut at the top end to make them fit the VTX 1300. Unfortunately, that is the tapered end. So the final diameter at the top end would be a bit larger.

But... if you installed the Kuryakin (sp) chrome top tree cover, maybe, just maybe that cover might make up for the larger diameter of the cut top covers. Somebody with knowledge on the chrome fork tree cover might provide the answer as to how much the tree covers increase the diameter at the top.

The lower Sabre fork covers are also longer, but it just freely laps over the fork case, so a small amount of additional length makes no difference.

Mounting them on the "C" model requires drilling the "C" lower tree to accept the mounting screws. The screws pass thru the holes in the upper fork cover bracket, thru the tree and are secured into the lower fork cover bracket below the tree.

The difference between the lower fork cases of the "C" and the "R/S" models it that the "R/S" models have a groove with a bushing guide just below the fork tube seal to prevent the fork case from contacting the lower fork cover. You will need to glue a large O-ring just below the fork tube seal to do the same function. Or maybe look for some thick tape that can be secured to the top perimeter of the case.

Buying VTX 1300 upper and lower fork covers new would cost a minimum of $270 which includes the misc mounting items.

I found Sabre upper and lower fork covers for $50 (shipped) on the Sabrehood website.

I found upper VTX 1300 fork covers here for $80 + shipping.

Waiting till this winter to have the upper tree and the fork case chromed locally.

End result: Priceless
    Last edited by Ken_r_mer; 08-29-2008 at 11:44 PM. Reason: typing error

whiskeyrockr is offline shock factor unrated
    South Carolina Riders Group
    North Carolina Riders Group
    Get Product Alerts Product may vary from photo http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetai...2108&cs=MetricPART NUMBERAVAILABILITYBUY NOW!ZZ23065In

these are for the c model the pictured set is part numberzz23065 the second one is the flamed covers but picture didn't show up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information