Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Kickstand mod with chrome bass knob

6K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  BassOverflow 
#1 ·
I've been reading posts of people doing kickstand mods to help get the stand down. I don't have a problem when I'm wearing my boot or sneakers but I have a super hard time getting the kickstand down with my work loafers and I hate reaching down to pull it by hand in front of my other biker friends at work so I decided to do my own mod.

Since I've been playing bass for 18 years, I've got a few spare parts laying around the house! :mosh:
I decided to use this chrome volume knob I had that was still new in the package for at least 5 years:

I went to my friends machine/tool shop and had a hole drilled in the kickstand and a 5/16-18 tread cut into the knob. Went to Ace and bought a steel alloy bolt to complete the setup. After a little blue loctite, this is what I have:

My buddy asked me if I wanted to have the bolt counter sunk in the kickstand but I didn't have him do it because I wasn't sure what kind of bolt I would be using. It's not bad, but I might have him do it later down the road. Looks good up too. I'll get a picture of that later.

The grip on the knob really helps with my slick loafers. No more bending over and pulling the kickstand out by hand for me!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.