Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Roadhouse Slip-on Exhaust - VTX-1800R - $250

10K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  haasri 
#1 ·
I have for sale Roadhouse Slip-on exhaust which fits a Honda VTX-R 1800. They are in great shape. $250. More pictures available upon request.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Everything you need to install these are there. Slip-ons means you use the factory down tubes. The stock "muffler" section is removed (pretty easily). These slip-ons slide onto the existing down tubes. The brackets on the back of these mount directly to the factory exhaust bracket. Everything you need is provided.

#11 ·
Yeah, the 2 into 1 one roadhouse systems went for around $550. Duallies were over $600.

Price is in line for slip-ons. Cobra slip-ons go for around $300 and these are much nicer than cobras.

#19 ·
I recently picked up a set of these on ebay, brand new in the box and the original price was $459. I removed the baffles and wrapped them with woodstove rope, then replaced the blanket that came on them. The sound is very muffled and deep which is exactly what I was after. They're louder than stock, but quieter than the V&H Bigshots with Smartpartz baffles that I had been running for a long time. I had a set of stock pipes on most recently and so I was able to judge how all three sound. I have a feeling that the pipes would likely be about 10-15db louder without the rope I added, so if you're looking for loudish, with a deep tone this would be a good buy. If they're in excellent shape, the price is a bargain. Mine came with the more typical slashcut tips which I've left pointed out. I've never been a fan of the fishtails but for someone who is you would be hard pressed to find another set of these, especially for the money being asked.

oops, just noticed how old this thread is. :eek:

'05 1800 R/S/N
-

#20 ·
I had a pair on my bike for about 8 years. I tried repacking them but one of the baffles was damaged. I screwed up the chrome trying to bang it out of the housing. Had to put the stock mufflers back on. I loved the sound of the Roadhouse but I can't find them anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.