Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Ordered Tsukayu bags yesterday

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  farmboy1 
#1 ·
I ordered the VTX specific bags from Mean Cycles yesterday. The good....these things seem so massive I can't wait to take her out and not have any worries about where I'm going to put anything. 40 litres??? WOW!
The bad....they are on back order and it looks to be 4 or 5 weeks before they will have any in stock, so I'll save money for paint while waiting for them to arrive.

#5 ·
Thank you for the compliment on the bike. Yes, I'm having them painted the same Hugger orange the bike is. Not sure what type of pattern to do the pearl white so I think I'll just go with orange for now. Pics will be posted....but from my understanding it may be December before that happens. Can you tell I'm impatient?

#6 ·
Hot damn! After 7 LONG weeks my bags finally came to the door as I was watering the wife's flowers last night. Yeah I was watering the flowers, let's just leave it at that. Assuming everything is correct I hope to have them on for fitment by this weekend and then off to paint.

#7 ·
Be sure to use nylon locking nuts when you put the lids on.
While riding with another member , here watched as his right side lid flew off into 4 lanes of interstate traffic in the middle of Knoxville TN on I-40. It was a sad sight and nothing I could do about it. The little nuts on the inside of the lid had vibrated off.

#8 ·
Will definitely get the nylon nuts!
So...I went to the garage last night to attempt putting these things on. After reading the troubles everyone else has had with the supplied bolts, spacers, etc... I was hoping for the best and expecting the worst. I have to say I had no issues whatsoever. Bolts were perfect length, fit is perfect, no added hardware needed. It took me all of 30 minutes to get these put on and boy am I happy!! Let's hope I'm doing this whole link thing correctly for the pics.

http://

http://

#9 ·
Will definitely get the nylon nuts!
So...I went to the garage last night to attempt putting these things on. After reading the troubles everyone else has had with the supplied bolts, spacers, etc... I was hoping for the best and expecting the worst. I have to say I had no issues whatsoever. Bolts were perfect length, fit is perfect, no added hardware needed. It took me all of 30 minutes to get these put on and boy am I happy!! Let's hope I'm doing this whole link thing correctly for the pics.
That is probably because of the age of your bike. In 2007, the design of the fender rails and hardware changed from internal hex head bolts that fit into the recesses to capscrews that fit into more shallow recesses. The bolts and spacers provided with the Tsukayu VTX-Specific bags are for the older style fender rails. I simply got longer bolts in polished and some chrome spacers for mine. No big deal. I'm the guy who lost the lid and it was my left. REPLACE THE NUTS WITH LOCKNUTS on the hinges. You don't want to go down the road I'm on with that. About a 4 week lead time on a lid that they can't guarantee will fit, a whole hardware set had to be bought just to get the lid catch, and all for $203. It will be at least another $100 for paint...

#15 ·
I ordered mine May 6th, and am still waiting...patiently, oh so patiently.:icon_ange

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.