Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

You've gotta be kidding me...

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Philscbx 
#1 ·
Seriously.. This radio is pissin me off..

I got the Satellite Addon for the stereo to receive Satellite Radio.. Hooked it up, and it worked great..

Took it back apart to start mounting it, and I pulled a cable out and a pin from the cable stayed in the plug..
:gah::gah::gah::gah:

Pulled the pin, plugged the unit back in and... No sound...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

-Gonz

See less See more
#8 ·
Can you solder it back together? Does it crimp? Can you cut a wire and wire it together and then ask them to replace the whole thing? I did that with my heated jacket when I was in Wyoming. Hoping they honer their warranty even though. If you are on a trip, you could try a truck stop. They have all types of cool mr. fix it type things. I purchased a phone holder to put my GPS in and modified it for my little motor home. Worked great. Be creative, you are on the road, anything works. You could even stop at a hardware store and buy a small finishing nail, cut off the head and poke it in the hole. Just an idea. It is all up to creative genius.

#11 ·
That looks like a 7 pin s-video cable?
Still would have to order it though.

#16 ·
Definitely feel the pain -

The Broom on my Bobcat uses a larger version of this design - Then threaded collar to hold it on to the Cat -
and sure enough one pin will break off so joy stick is dead -
That plug alone is $90 - and I have to chop all of it off and splice a new one on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.