Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Riding from Washington D.C. to Washington State 29 May - 5 June

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  PaXman11 
#1 ·
Hey there folks,

Two of us will be riding back to Washington State after the Run For The Wall concludes in D.C. If you live anywhere near our route, we'd love to ride a leg with you on our return voyage.

Here is our itinerary. Shoot me a PM for phone numbers and to coordinate directly.

1. 29 May. D.C. to Avon OH via Gettysburg PA. 423 Miles
    • Lodging: Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon
    • Stopping in Gettysburg to get a photo with General Slocum's Statue. Might also stop into the visitor's center.
  2. 30 May. Avalon OH to Davenport IA. 473 Miles
    • Lodging: Fairfield Inn Davenport
  3. 31 May. Davenport IA - Kearney NE. 483 Miles
    • Lodging: Fairfield Inn & Suites
  4. 1 June. Kearney NE to Glenwood Springs, CO 511 Miles
    • Short Stop in SouthEast Denver to see a buddy
    • Lodging: Glenwood Springs Courtyard
  5. 2 June. Glennwood Springs, CO to Monument Valley via Arches National Park 382 Miles
    • Entering Arches and riding the Scenic route. Will stop and take pictures at several locations
    • Lodging: Goulding's Lodge
  6. 3 June. Monument Valley to Orem UT 345 Miles
    • Day is shorter as we expect to take a 2 hour tour in Monument Valley
    • Lodging: TownPlace Suites Provo Orem
  7. 4 June. Orem UT to Baker City, OR 501 Miles
    • Lodging: AirBnB, cabin in the woods, Baker City
  8. 5 June. Baker City, OR to Home. South Puget Sound area in WA 418 Miles

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice ride, hope the weather cooperates every day. Ride safe !!!

#3 ·
Thats an ambitious ride for sure. Safe travels. Some of us will be returning to Pa. from Bully's ECG the 29th. CORRECTION: WOW, did I mess this up! Wrong ride !!! See subsequent post below.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Your currently planned route west is on the highways that run through the northern part of Ohio. The few folks, if any, leaving the tech session and heading west would probably plan on using the central E/W route which is I70. This might not mesh up well with your desired route. Also, folks leaving the tech session will likely be headed out on Sunday, May 29th.

#12 ·
While it is possible that someone might be around, it is unlikely. The tech session is really only Saturday and then we usually all head home on Sunday (29th). I don't want to put words in everyone's mouth though so hopefully someone will respond that they will still be around. Good luck and have a safe ride.

#16 ·
Twss!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.