Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Stealth Fairing, Memphis Shades Lowers...

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ak-rider 
#1 ·
I found out something recently while adding a Stealth Fairing to my 2007 VTX 1300R.
A little backstory- JustPics came to my shop one weekend, and we did some upgrades to his 1300C.
He had purchased a windshield and lowers.. but decided NOT to install the lowers. He offered them to me for "helping" him with his bike. I accepted.. and thought I might fabricate a bracket to mount them on an R.
This wasn't going to be easy- due to the R's fork covers. You can't clamp to them, and most of the good mounting places required a complicated bracket to mount them. Over the last couple years, I've offered the lowers to several people, but never really made a deal for them.
Fast forward to yesterday.. (5-6-16)..
After mounting my new Stealth Fairing, I noticed that nice bracket sticking out next to the fork.. HMMM.. can I mount a set of lowers to it? .. So I grabbed the set of Memphis Shades "C" lowers.. and they lined up about perfectly. You do need to use a large star-washer, because the bracket does not have the square boss that keeps the bracket from rotating. No other brackets are required.. They are about 1" further forward, and 1/2" further from the fork tubes than they are on a C. I've ridden about 75 miles with them (today) and they still work great.. I don't get any air under the fairing or buffeting under my helmet.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.