Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Factory Pro jetting start point

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Tan huynh 
#1 ·
I have decapped, removed par, and have K&N filter with STOCK pipes on a2007 VTX1300c. Thinking 210 or 215 for main? Not worried about high speeds, just want to be able to start and ride without choke and get decent mileage. Thanks. Later.

#3 ·
^^^ Charlie's a carb guru, so read and understand his "carb and what affects what" sticky thread first post. I agree with the 215 Main. If e-clip on the 3rd notch of the Jet Needle isn't high enough (not enough fuel) and 4th is too high (too much fuel), then you can always do 3rd notch plus a #4 washer of 0.020" (0.5 mm) thick between the e-clip and the vacuum piston - this is called "3-1/2 notch". Shorthand for carb state-of-tune is Pilot Jet/Main Jet/e-clip position on Jet Needle from blunt end/# of turns out from lightly seated on the Pilot Screw adjustment. For example, with ram-air and an open-ish aftermarket exhaust, I ended up at 58/220/3.5/1.75 - with what Charlie suggested for your de-cap + K&N + stock exhaust, you might start or end up at 58/215/3.5/2.0 for example.

#4 ·
I was finally able to get back working on bike. It fires right up without choke. Haven't been able to road test yet due to weather. Bike runs with slight pressure on throttle, but will not keep running at idle. Turned idle knob all the way to the right. Settings are 58/215/3/2. If I simply adjust throttle cable, I can get a good 900/1000 idle. However, that causes the throttle to not snap back to closed. Any thoughts on getting bike to keep idling before I follow Charlies' tuning instructions? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.