Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an image of my 2006 1800 c
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Thankswigit, PaXman11, neotree605 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    double post.....2nd time tonight

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 68valiant View Post
    Ok folks, I'm getting ready to head to Wiesbaden, Germany in the morning with my family to visit my long time riding buddy who is a civilian contractor with the military and is stationed over there. He left a couple of years ago to work in Italy, and we were supposed to visit him there. Long story short, he got transferred last summer to Germany. So that is where we are headed.

Now to the point of the this rambling post. When my buddy moved to Italy/Germany he took his 2004 Victory 92TC and his wife's Suzuki Intruder 1400. I am sure you are starting to see where this is going... I have my International Driver's Permit and Passport, so we are going to take a ride up the Rhine River, at least once while I am there. We are headed out tomorrow and returning on the 20th. Planning 7 days in Rome and at least a day at Nuremburg to see the Nurburgring Track, as that is my son's only wish for the trip, while we are there the Mrs. and daughter plan to travel to Paris for a couple of days with my buddy's Mrs.

My plans/Check list: 1. Ride a motorcycle in Germany, 2. Drink some German beer, and eat some German food. The rest is a bonus for me.

In order to check those items off my list, I have to make it there with the new throttle cables for the V92 as one of his broke in the middle last Saturday. Luckily, I was able to locate a couple new cables at an Indian dealership in Auburn, WA and because they wouldn't run them to a UPS store on Saturday, I had another riding buddy that lives in the Seattle area pick them up and overnight them to me on Monday. I now have them in my possession and will be taking them with me on my travels.
    Check mark one day for bike repair.

I will post some pictures of our mis-adventures here, as this is the only social network that I actively belong to.

Cheers,
    Jeremy
    Prost! Pics or it didn't happen.

8. ThanksRiver13, PaXman11 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjo1340 View Post
    Here's an image of my 2006 1800 c
    Are these new pipes?

68valiant is offline From ID, GO VANDALS! Washington State Riders Group
    Idaho Riders Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    We rode a 30 mile each way from Wiesbaden to Rudesheimer where we took a river boat tour and saw a few castles. My buddy's GPS has a setting for curvy roads, so our journey was on small windy roads, and a number of cobblestone streets. Made me wish I had a gopro... as we got ready to head home, the skies got dark and we ended up riding home in a downpour. Made me miss the windshield on my X. Riding a borrowed bike in a strange country in the rain, wasn't my ideal adventure, but the Suzuki Intruder 1400 I was riding did well.

More to come....
    Last edited by 68valiant; 06-08-2019 at 01:22 AM.

11. Thankswigit, nate6966, PaXman11 thanked for this post
    68valiant is offline From ID, GO VANDALS! Washington State Riders Group
    Idaho Riders Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been in Rome the past few days, still have a few more, before heading back to Germany. While we are not riding, we are surrounded by a hoard of scooters. I think that they have to out number the cars here. So far, I have only caught glimpses of regular motorcycles.
    This one was just down the street from our apartment today. Owner said he thinks it is about 25 years old... not a VTX but in a sea of scooters it was a definite stand out.

13. Thankswigit, PaXman11 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We rode a 30 mile each way from Wiesbaden to Rudesheimer where we took a river boat tour and saw a few castles. My buddy's GPS has a setting for curvy roads, so our journey was on small windy roads, and a number of cobblestone streets. Made me wish I had a gopro... as we got ready to head home, the skies got dark and we ended up riding home in a downpour. Made me miss the windshield on my X. Riding a borrowed bike in a strange country in the rain, wasn't my ideal adventure, but the Suzuki Intruder 1400 I was riding did well.

More to come....
    Been in Rome the past few days, still have a few more, before heading back to Germany. While we are not riding, we are surrounded by a hoard of scooters. I think that they have to out number the cars here. So far, I have only caught glimpses of regular motorcycles.
    This one was just down the street from our apartment today. Owner said he thinks it is about 25 years old... not a VTX but in a sea of scooters it was a definite stand out.
    Love the pics, man! Thanks. Travelling anywhere in the world really gives your head a 'twist'. It makes you see things from an 'outsiders' perspective. You see and do things that you could never really experience at home. The good times...the happy faces...the connections with people that are completely different from you.....These things really build your character. It changes you. I imagine the same thing happens to our Vets when they're overseas, combat aside. The plane ride home gives you plenty of time to reflect on your experiences and how that relates to your home life.

I wish everyone gets a chance to get away from their 'nest' and experience something bigger. Don't be afraid. We outsiders don't bite......hard.

15. Thanksnate6966, PaXman11 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some pics from my recent ride.I think the bike looks so much better without the windscreen. Having said that its sacrifices so much comfort!

17. ThanksPaXman11 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was an honor to be part of the moto safety crew in wpg canada cancer walk 2.0. Met a lot of amazing people ! And had a great day !

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

19. ThanksPaXman11, wigit, Baker6x6 thanked for this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information