Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Second annual Riverside spring ride 2019 May 3,4,& 5

14K views 186 replies 22 participants last post by  henkvdb 
#1 ·
Id like to invite everyone to the second annual spring ride May 3,4,5.
Friday as usual we will just visit I'm sure we will have some food here it wont be quite like October feast but we wont go hungry.
Saturday we will have breakfast around 8:30 9:00 somewhere here in town. after breakfast I am planning a nice scenic ride to the AMA motorcycle museum. I have never been to the museum and would like to check it out what better than to do it with good friends that enjoy motorcycles to. Looking on there website it will $10 to get in. Depending on timing we will either find a place for lunch before we go to the museum or after we will just play lunch out as we go. afterwards we will take a nice scenic ride back to the river for some good times with the family. we will have something to eat after the ride here at the river.
Sunday all that want to ride we will take a nice couple hour ride with some of which will be a section of 555 we wont be doing all of it only about half but the other roads are just as fun.

For those that need a motel
Fairfield Inn (740)453-8770
725 Zane St. Zanesville Oh. 43701

Comfort Inn (740)454-4144
500 Monroe St. Zanesville Oh. 43701

Baymont Inn (740)454-9332
230 Scenic crest Dr. Zanesville Oh. 43701

Hampton Inn (740)453-6511
1009 Spring St. Zanesville Oh. 43701

As always there is plenty or room to camp for any that want to camp. The guest house will be available also, I need to know if anyone wants to use it there is 4 beds and a couch. If no one speaks up the house will be a first come first serve. I'm sure I forgot to mention something, there's still plenty of time.
I hope to see everyone here.
My address
8075 N. River Rd. Zanesville Ohio 43701
When you turn onto N River Rd you should be on 666.
If you coming in on 70 use the underwood St. exit the others will take you across gravel roads.

See less See more
#3 ·
Been wanting to go to that museum. Might just cruise over and meet you there.

#12 ·
Gonna give it a try Bruce. Hopefully things will be looking okay at that time--if so, I'll be there.

Reactions: River13
#14 ·
I changed the dates per request of the OP.

#28 ·
I'll find out this morning when my knee job is. Hope to be recovered by then, if not, it'll be the cage for me.

#30 ·
When we get closer to the day you'll have to let me know when your think you'll get to the museum. Only about 3 hours over for me and I've been wanting to go there anyway. Didn't have time last fall because it was early winter... :(

#34 ·
If it's anything like last year it might be snowing that weekend. :swear:

#50 ·
I will be there in spirit .. :) and remembering them "Roads" :)

not the same.. scraping a peg in a closed K-Mart parking lot......
i mean.... the few curves here are so gentle... I would have to do 90 for a 50 mph curve..
that being said.. the straight part is 75... :) 81 is a ticket...

#57 ·
I'll be over to see the museum Saturday morning and maybe lunch to if it's nearby.
I will need some idea of when you plan to be at lunch or museum to meet up with the group.
Just heading home after those things.

#58 ·
I'll be there but in the new cage.....not sure yet whether I'll come in Fri. afternoon or Sat. early afternoon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.