Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Lawrence Olin vtx-parts.com

6K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Coyotevols 
#1 ·
Beware vtx riders, vtx-parts.com/ Lawrence Olin will take your money. Not a reputable site. Many remarks on here say he is slow, but it doesn't take ignoring messages and three months to cut block off plates.

#3 ·
I went through the same thing, had to go through Paypal to get my money back, sent several messages to the only address that paypal and VTX parts had listed. I have talked with other members experiencing the same thing. I don't know why he doesn't respond, I just know that he didn't, even after 3 months. I had no problem getting money back through Paypal because he didn't respond to them either.

Reactions: sumdatx
#4 ·
Hate to say it, but maybe he's sick or passed on? :shrug: He was always known to take a few weeks as he was waiting until he had a run of orders to make. I'm sure the plates are not a big seller after all these years. There are a couple of guys here that have offered to make plates for guys. Maybe just start a thread and ask. There's other options as well, like plugging your caps with a bolt.

#5 ·
Goheen cycles has them ready to ship, where I ended up getting mine.

#7 ·
Reactions: Wigit and PaXman11
#6 ·
I've recently noticed a vendor selling the dimpled block off plates but I can't remember who it was (sips another beer).... I peek around tonight and see if I can find it (another one for Mark).
When I bought my plates, it took about a month (order to delivery). But that was several years ago. I agree with Jon, he may have "left" the business....
:patriot:

#17 ·
Found out the hard way that this site is run by a family out of their basement......a middle man. Their motto: "NO NO NO, don't send that back to us. Send it to the manufacturer." I always felt they sold, they should own it. Found this out when I had an issue with a set Vance & Hines Big Shot pipes.
:tapfoot::swear:

Reactions: PaXman11
#12 ·
Their name has been banned here for years.

#13 ·
Kinda like me and the OA:icon_fing...........:icon_peace:and I'm lovin' it.

#15 ·
I have no clue what they did either but they upset the original owner of the VTX Cafe enough that he programmed into the forum software a ban on their name being used. This was all before my time here. Maybe it is time to rescind that name ban.

Reactions: PaXman11
#19 ·
Maybe they found out what Big X had done and was trying to clean up their act. Anyway, in a pristine box, there was a quarter sized dent in the lower chrome cover. Obviously sent out that way to see if it would be noticed. Got a number to call to the distribution center who gave me a number to call at the manufacturer. They sent me another lower chrome cover (goes from the head pipe all the way back in one piece) and told me to just keep the other one. I ended up just storing the new one for several years in my shed. Gave it to RBull (Deane) as he had one messed up. So his parents spent the night in Roanoke on the way back to Nova Scotia from Texas, and carried it to him.
:americanflag::icon_chee:canflag2:

#20 ·
X floppers had a forum and would delete negative reviews and would edit some to positive reviews. A poster child for censorship. He also sold 29.99 JC Whitney car mufflers for 200 dollar MC slip-ons. When he was called out on it TSHTF. A little before my time but the embers were still glowing when I got here.

#22 ·
Maybe someone could take the initiative and contact Mr. Olin directly, and see if he has any integrity left, and let him know that he's pissed off a lot of people. Or not, and just cut him loose since there seems to be at least 2 other competitive sources for the same product.

#23 ·
How do you contact him since he seems to never answer emails? Maybe someone has his phone number. Anyone.... anyone?

#24 ·
I had a number from years ago, when I got mine, but it's buried in notes. If I come across it I'll post it, but chances are he's had so much negative flak if he was smart he'd change the #.

#25 ·
I've been trying to order his block off plates for about 2 weeks, but every time I try to put my payment information in PayPal tells me it can't be processed. I would have to agree that he either passed away or just got out of the business and due to that his PayPal account is no longer active. Unfortunately, I can't find anyone else who offers them with the dimple included. Below someone mentioned the ones on Goheen Cycles, but they don't have the dimples. Does anyone know where I might find the blockoff plates that have the dimple included? Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Guess I might just start a new thread asking if anyone knows of a place where they can be found.

#29 ·
Since they have apparently had multiple people file PayPal claims against them the account was probably shut off until they jump through some hoops to make right.

#26 ·
Did the ones you received from them have the dimple? I ask because the image on their site doesn't show or mention anything about them having the dimple included. It makes it so much easier of an install with the dimple because you don't have to try and cut off the head of that one bolt. With the dimple, you just put it right over it, no cutting or grinding and you're done.

#28 ·
Put 2 - 3/8''x 1'' bolt in the holes with blue loctite where the hoses came off. It's under the tank and nobody is going to see it anyhow...unless you ride around with your tank off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.