Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Next purchase?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  PaXman11 
#1 ·
I know it's highly unlikely Honda will resuscitate the VTX line, but does anyone know if there are any plans for similar bikes into the future?

They still make the Fury (I'm in Australia and we get a much-reduced catalogue to choose from), but will Honda ever make another large displacement (>1100cc) single crank pin V-twin cruiser like the VTX as far as anyone knows, or are they done competing in this space?

It seems like such a shame if not, as that's the kind of bike I like, but won't go back to Harley unless they take some pages from Honda's playbook (yeah right!).

I'd love an updated VTX version of the 1300 with fuel injection, but keeping the Honda reliability and dependability.

#2 ·
Just an opinion here. Honda won't build what they can't sell. The VT1300 succeeded the VTX1300 starting in 2010 and eventually grew to four models. By 2018 the Fury model was all that remained. I've not ridden one but sat on a Stateline model. Very comfortable. Online reviews are typically positive. Honda seems to be concentrating on smaller sport touring bikes and did extensive remodeling of the Goldwing in 2018. Yamaha dropped their Star line of cruisers and HD is struggling. The times they are a'changin'.

#3 ·
My next purchase will likely be a power chair.

#4 ·
I know it's highly unlikely Honda will resuscitate the VTX line, but does anyone know if there are any plans for similar bikes into the future?

They still make the Fury (I'm in Australia and we get a much-reduced catalogue to choose from), but will Honda ever make another large displacement (>1100cc) single crank pin V-twin cruiser like the VTX as far as anyone knows, or are they done competing in this space?

It seems like such a shame if not, as that's the kind of bike I like, but won't go back to Harley unless they take some pages from Honda's playbook (yeah right!).

I'd love an updated VTX version of the 1300 with fuel injection, but keeping the Honda reliability and dependability.
The VT1300 is exactly that... check out used Statelines, probably some amazing deals to be had on those... or get an 1800 :16:

#5 ·
Honda built the VTX line as the opinion sheets were fill out by current owners.. in the late 1990's....

2002's still in the crate in 2006...

last 2008 ( last 1800 ) sold in 2014...

Honda is no fool...

and the reason many 1300 and 1800 are for sale.. with less then 10,000 miles... some less then 5,000 miles
ones that were purchased.. sat in garages... for years..

a big inch cruiser... with little Stuff..... did not sale.. but all the interview sheets said to build one..

Reactions: Abby
#7 ·
Looks like it's an obsolete choice in bikes we have then! Darn shame, but I guess it is what it is. So moral of the story is to look after your bike, I guess, as it'll be harder and harder to get this design.

On that topic, BMW is planning to try the big cruiser market again with their new R18 engine. It looks bloody good, but we'll have to wait and see what it looks like (and how much it costs!). It'll still be the same or cheaper than HDs here though.

#10 ·
This is a shame, I love my 1800 F and I'm planning to keep her well beyond the 100K mile mark. I know a lot of the smaller bikes (Indian Scout for example) have a lot more power than they used to but the balance of power and handling of the VTX is just unreal. The tide ebbs and flows, muscle cruisers will return eventually.

#11 ·
We'll be flying Luke Skywalker speeders before that happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.