Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

love and cherish the family you have

8K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  knightrook 
#1 ·
my wifes uncle died in a single vehicle accident in hattiesburg, ms sunday morning. he was driving a prison transport van, and lost control.
he was a really great guy that didnt know a stranger.

anyway...i just wanted to tell everyone stay close to the ones you love, because you never know when they will be gone

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Tony M. Farley, a[/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]ge 58, of Westmoreland, passed away Sunday, September 6, 2009. He is survived by his wife, Cathy Farley of Westmoreland; mother, Betty Farley of Lafayette; son, Tony Dale Farley of Westmoreland; brothers, John Farley of Westmoreland, Butch Farley of Westmoreland; sister, Sherry Gammon of Gallatin; grandchildren, Chelsea Haggard of Lafayette, Kayla Farley of Lafayette, Kim Farley of Westmoreland; grandson, Zach Tarrents of Westmoreland. He is preceded in death by his father, Melvin Farley. Visitation is 9 a.m., until service time, Saturday, September 12, 2009. A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m., Saturday, September 12, 2009, from The Chapel of Woodard Funeral Home with Bro. Donald Key officiating. Mr. Farley was a United States Army veteran who served in the Vietnam War. He was a member of Fairview Missionary Baptist Church. He was employed with the Public Transportation Service of America. In lieu of flowers, the family request you make donations to your charity of choice or to your local library. Those donations can be made at Woodard Funeral Home.[/FONT]

See less See more
#8 ·
thanks guys. i dont think it has sunk in with the wife yet...she is doing pretty good so far. her aunt is really bad though...she was telling my wife that the last time she talked to him on the phone, he was laughing and telling her about one of the security guards he was working with...saying the guys house was raided by the police as a meth/crack house bust...only to find out that it was supposed to be three houses down.

but anyway, it makes me think...all the millions of miles i have traveled on the highways, and all the accidents i have seen...this one kinda made me think real hard. we (every one of us) risk our lives everyday, but its so much different when it hits this close to you...so close to home.

again...thanks all. i will tell beth (wife) what everyone said...and again, keep your loved ones very dear. you never know when it will be their time...

#9 ·
So sorry to hear this.
Condolences to all.
Sometimes we get so caught up in the hectic day to day pace of life, that we take for granted the things that are truly most important in life.

#10 ·
My condolences to you and your wife and family

#11 ·
Sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers for you, your family and uncle. All truth in what you said about family. God Bless!

#14 ·
I heard about this on the news. I am so sorry for your loss. I just posted on Facebook tonight howmuch I love and cherish my wife and daughter. I want the world to know it and I am not scared to show it.

#19 ·
never too proud to show you care about someone. my brother always says "real men dont hug". i say "guess im not a real man then"
thinking about your wife and her aunt....tough to hear this stuff....gave my daughter and wife an extra long hug tonight.....
think i am gonna do the extra long hug every night
Myself and Karen are so sorry Jimmy. Please pass Beth and family our condolences and we are here if you need anything...a call away or a just short trip...Our home is yours.
thanks les...you and karen both. we have to make a trip to hartsville (just outside nashville) this week for services. they had to wait for an investigation and autopsy before transporting him to the family.
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It is unfortunate that we have to go through these losses in life, and it always makes you stop and think. Should I have done this different, should I have told him that. The answer is that as long as he knew that you loved him and cared about him, there is nothing else that needs to be said nor done. May peace be with you and your family. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
i always say "live for today...as if theres no tomorrow...because one day there will be no tomorrow".

again...thanks all for the thoughts, wishes, and prayers. they are greatly appreciated and welcomed

#16 ·
thinking about your wife and her aunt....tough to hear this stuff....gave my daughter and wife an extra long hug tonight.....

#17 ·
Myself and Karen are so sorry Jimmy. Please pass Beth and family our condolences and we are here if you need anything...a call away or a just short trip...Our home is yours.

#18 ·
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It is unfortunate that we have to go through these losses in life, and it always makes you stop and think. Should I have done this different, should I have told him that. The answer is that as long as he knew that you loved him and cared about him, there is nothing else that needs to be said nor done. May peace be with you and your family. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

#23 ·
Read about this in the local Newspaper. My wife tells me all the time to "Take it one day at a time and cherish every minute of it" It really sinks in when I here stories like this. Our prayers go out to your family.

#24 ·
at the service, his granddaughter read a poem she wrote for him...
im not a very emotional person as far as crying, but that made my eyes water listening to her. i couldnt even imagine what his wife must be going through, but if as many people respect and care for me when my time comes as did for him...that would have made everything in my life worthwhile.

#26 ·
I must have missed this when you posted it, I'm sure you'll continue to get a flood of prayers from all of us here... we're all hoping those surviving him are comforted as best as they can. My regards,
M

#27 ·
just a quick follow up...
wife just talked to her aunt. they had been thinking he had fallen asleep at the wheel and lost control...resulting in the accident. her aunt had been on the phone with him the night before and was really depressed...blaming herself for "keeping him up too late" and thinking it was in some way her fault.
so anyway, wife got a phone call from the aunt today...they did an autopsy and investigation on the accident. preliminary results are that they are 100% positive he didnt fall asleep. they told her they should have a definitive answer within the next two weeks. they are leaning towards heart attack or stroke.
not the best of news at all, but definitely takes a great burden off of the shoulders of his wife.

#28 ·
Last time I saw my dad alive, I was headed home to watch the Notre Dame football game..He asked me to hang out there, and h'd get some beer and we'd watch the game together...This was coming from a man that I never ever saw drink a beer, and he hated football..Two days later I found him dead in the backyard...I blamed myself for that for a very long time...If I had stayed there, maybe he would still be here today...I'll never know...Blaming yourself for something so horrible is a very heavy burden to carry around...Took me a long time to come to grips with what he did...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.