Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

My Husband, my hero

Tags
cool johnny
11K views 43 replies 42 participants last post by  Amos Moses 
#1 ·
Hello, my name is Lisa and my husband was Johnnyb2cool. I'm not sure how this works, but I wanted to let you know that John lost his 3 year battle with lung cancer (lifelong non-smoker) last Thursday morning at 3:15am.
He put up a great fight, as his breathing became more and more difficult. He was so very tired. He was surrounded by those he loves, and those that love him. God answered our prayers, John went peacefully in his sleep, and I was able to be the one holding his hand when he took his last breath. I am in the process of planning a Celebrate Life service for John at our church. The tentative date is Saturday, October 24th. I will send another update when I finalize the plans. I would like to put a book together for our daugther with stories about her Daddy for her to have for years to come. This will be something she can look back on, and see what a wonderful man her Daddy was. I know that none of you have met John in person, but you've talked with him on this forum. If you would like to send me a story about him for her book, you can email it to me at bygracealone@sbcglobal.net. Thank you so much.
He is in Heaven now, with a new body without cancer, breathing freely and playing with our 2 other chidren. I will miss him so much, but I know we will see each other again and that gives me peace.
By His Grace,
Lisa
"At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.” Titus 3:3-7 NIV

See less See more
#29 ·
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sounds like your husband was a wonderful man and we are truly sorry for your loss. God bless.

#30 ·
I am saddened by this news but glad John is in a place where he doesn't hurt. God bless him and you, his family. My prayers are with you.

#33 ·
I am sorry for your loss. I'd read Johnnyb2cool on the site, and he impressed me as a good Christian man. Thank you for taking the time to let his friends here know of his passing.

Praying for you and yours in this, your hour of grief.

-Norm

#36 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss. I never met him personally but did feel as though I knew him through his posts. He always seemed like an upstanding guy that loved life and those who shared it with him. Your family will continue to be in our thought and prayers.

I have always felt comfort in the following poem.

To Those I Love and Those Who Love Me
When I am gone, release and let me go.
I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn’t tie yourself to me with tears.
Be thankful for our beautiful years.
I gave to you my love, you can only guess
How much you gave to me in happiness.
I thank you for the LOVE you each have shown.
But now it’s time I traveled on alone.
So grieve awhile for me, if grieve, you must.
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It’s only for a time that we must part.
So bless the memories within your heart.
I won’t be far away, for life goes on.
So, if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can’t see or touch me, I’ll be near.
And if you listen with your heart, you’ll hear
All my love around you, soft and clear.
And then when you must come this way alone,
I’ll greet you with a smile and say…
Welcome Home
Author Unknown

#38 ·
As with all the others, I too am saddened at your loss. We truly were blessed to have known this fine man here on this forum. Thank you for sharing him with us. God Bless your family.

#42 ·
Lisa,

I heard of this sad news while reading another part of this site...It is very difficult to put into words sometimes the pain we feel when we hear these things....

I can tell you this, I have been truly inspired by your family and the journey that John took us on. His words meant alot to me personally. I never met him in person, but he was someone I would have been privileged to know....

Ed

#43 ·
So very sorry to hear this. But, we know he left this body of death and rose again with our savior in a new body. Bless God! Praise Him! If you ever need ears to listen...there are some wonderful people here at the cafe. I am sad for your loss and am humbled by your strength, courage, and faith. John is with our Lord and King. That is so awesome!

Come soon Lord! Come soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.