Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Shop at your own risk...

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  whiskeyrockr 
#1 ·
Hey all you great Ohio people. I normaly not one to talk bad about a company but here is what happened to me on my 06 VTX 1300C.

Company Name: Integrity Cycle (in Columbus Ohio).

I did alot of research on websites about bikes and what bike I wanted and then did my price checking. This wasn't over a weekend or anything this was months. I finally found a bike that I wanted 06 Honda VTX 1300C orange with only 1400 miles on it. So I'm talking to this lady there and asking questions and talking about the bike. Keep in mind I live 1.5hrs away and didn't use these forums. So I get there thinking my bike is around X amount of dollars and there bike is X amount of dollars. I used to sell cars so I know how the game is played (or so I thought). So I get there and they look at my bike as Im looking at there bike. Now I'm not going to go in detail on pricing but here is what happens.

The sales people tell you why they won't budge on price rather then sell you on the bike. They dont haggle at all on their bikes just yours. As a former salesman and sales manager I know this to be very bad way to sell. I wanted to walk away but I didn't. They low balled me on my bike. But I took the deal because the price wasn't bad, and it was late. Yeah I know I got suckered lol. Now it's getting late and I didnt look for the owners manual but they said to call next day and they would order it. I called and at that time it was 5 weeks later and they said it was ordered (according to them was ordered 4 weeks prior). Yet I still didnt have it so I said give me the reciept or send me "X" amount of dollars in mail. He jumped on the sending of money, meaning they never ordered to begin with. Its now been 7 weeks and Im yet to get owners manual or cash from them.

Now this is the polite and nice version but this is the internet after all. Let my experience be enough for you to think twice before buying from them. Love the bike just horrible sales and customer service.

See less See more
#2 ·
when they wouldn't have moved on the price of their bike, they would've never had the chance to move on the current one i was riding and it would have been another sale lost...plain and simple!

#3 ·
If you didn't feel right about the service you received buying the bike, why would you expect better for a manual. A 1-1/2 hr ride is a nice distance for a nice spring ride. Get on your new bike and take a road trip. Tell them to have a manual or a check ready when you get there.

#4 ·
Yeah I should have listened to my first instinct but i didnt :banghead:.

Yeah I thought about that today after I called them again about this and was told that its a manual and not high on his list of things needed done. Nice day Thursday that I may go over there.

And sorry about the rant just thought it needed to be said so others dont have that experience.

#5 ·
enjoy the ride and if the customer's thoughts aren't high enough on the mind of the dealer, then screw that dealer and what he does as it can be gauranteed he will definitely not be on my to do least in the near or far future...

thanks for the post and i, nor mako were busting the chops, just commenting :)

#7 ·
i know brother, just been a bad day all the way around and i wasn't sure if i had come off the wrong way or not :). sometimes when i type it's hard to know and i was just making sure i hadn't lol....enjoy riding my friend :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.