Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

20 inch ape hangers

5K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Mondorah 
#1 ·
New bars came in yesterday. Throttle cables will be in this week. Pulling all the lines tonight to have the news ones made.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
ive got after market risers, i believe they are to up and one back, the bars are 20 inches. im using the stock lines had them extended 14 inches by pirtek usa, they have a shop down the road from my house. and ordered barnett ss throttle cables +12. if the throttle cable is to short ill switch back to my stock risers but i shouldnt have an issue

#6 ·
That looks nice. My only concern is local laws. I travel cross country a lot and the laws change everywhere you go. The apes are above shoulder height and if you happen into Sturgis SD. you may get greeted by local law enforcement with a welcome to SD letter that cost you. I have even heard of them impounding the bike if the rider refuses to correct the problem on the spot. Just is not worth it. May be if it is okay where you are leave it but, be aware before you travel.

#8 ·
Ya I know the laws, I'm pretty good where I'm at, most of the states including michigan has the law set at no more then 15 inches above the seat which I personally think is kind of ridiculous. I was looking at 50 state apes but they are pretty pricey and I won't dish out that kind of cash without seein them first. If you haven't seen them look them up. They are adjustable from 12-24 inches I believe. Awesome idea!

#9 ·
"It's about comin' up
and stayin' on top
And screaming 187 on a mother fin' cop
It ain't in the paper,
it's on the wall
National guard
Smoke from all around "
Lol im just kidding
Those look great man!
Sent from the north west town of North East PA

#11 · (Edited)
That is a great link Mondorah! Thanks

30 inches above the seat in Washington, no requirement in Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, Below shoulder in Wyoming, South Dakota, Nevada, Arizona, 6 inches above shoulder height in California, 15 inches above the seat and hand grips below shoulder in Utah and Nebraska.

That should cover most of my normal riding States. I don't have apes, just curious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.