Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

backrest?

Tags
backrest
3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  WannaRide 
#1 ·
Hi. Be gentle, this is my first dumb question! I'm looking at used backrests, why wouldn't a 1300 r-s-t backrest fit a c model? I know I have correct brackets for my c, I just need the backrest and there's one cheep on ebay. Thanks!

#3 ·
R/S backrests have a bracket that goes between the driver and rear pillion seats. 1300C's came with a 1 piece gunfighter style seat. The mounting points used for the R/S are not there on the C. Also, beware of the ones on E-Bay that say "will fit 1800/1300C". The 1800 also has a 2 piece seat. I think they are "assuming" it will work on the 1300 also. The only ones I know for sure to work are the Grasshopper, the Protac, and the Kury switchable backrest. All of those mount to the shock bolts. I have thought about getting one for an 'R' and trying to mod it onto my 2 piece Mustang seat... bolt it to the seat pan or something.

#8 ·
AH! My bad... I thought you meant driver backrest. You have to get the correct sissybar that will fit the brackets you already have. Most of them are not interchangeable. For example, if you have Cobra brackets, you have to use a Cobra sissybar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.