SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
AND SHOW ME
- VTXOA Message Boards
- VTX 1800 Tech Board
MemberJoin: May 2018Posts: 73Spring Tx
2 minutes ago· #1
Welcome to my 02 VTX 1800r facelift and Botox treatment
I haven't rode a long time....
- Like a lot of guys I've talked to, we sell our motorcycle and trade them in on strollers and our leather jacket are hung up and replaced with work uniforms. Now well into my grandfather years I found once again what I've been missing for all these years. Man things have changed and when I say (things) I mean the price on motorcycles. They have gone through the roof! Thanks Discovery Channel and the Tuttle's it's all your damn fault.
- I looked very hard for about a year trying to find the right bike to reinvent myself with. Yeah went out and looked at Harley's but everything I sat on felt like sitting on a wood fence. I wound up up with a 08 boulevard C50 which is roughly 800cc's and last time I rode "I can't drive 55" was on the radio. I figured for sure that a 5 speed motorcycle would be geared for our highways and the mph increase///. That was not the case.....
- 2 exits down hwy 45 north out of Houston is all it took, the 3rd exit I u-turned and came home quickly installing a for sale sign on the lil bike. Shame, It was a good looking motorcycle. Garage kept and only washed with a spritzer bottle. So my search continued. I even looked at the wings since I had one in the past circa late seventies. Those bikes have changed a lot too. But to be honest with you I felt like a cop when I sat on one, straight-up-and-down just didn't feel cool. And on my test drives I just didn't feel comfortable I always searching for my controls.
- I knew the 1st time I straddled my VTX she was the one. Comfortable right away with all the dangerous crap that's thrown at you when you go for a ride you need to feel comfortable.
- Yep... I'm guilty of looking at the new Indians, I go to the Indian store and set on Them and look. I just cannot justify spending 40 to $60000 on a motorcycle that will be worth half that before I hit mile 2 on the way out of the drive. I don't want to show bike but I want a good looking one. I don't wanna race bike but I wanna fast 1 lol. I do not want a dresser but I want everything that makes my life comfortable at fingers reach. The bike I found was about an hour and a 1/2 from me after looking at so many motorcycles and seeing so many duds I almost didn't drive the distance. But I did, I loaded my trailer, and the wife and off we went. The bike was good looking big loud shiny and priced right. Even had a killer stereo. So we made a deal 4500 bucks 20000 mile it had been rode but taken care of. Needless to say my wife Drove the trailer back I Decided to ride the bike. Compliments at the very 1st gas station I stopped in . This is a good start....
I think the only thing on this bike that was original was the engine and the Paint and That was not all of it was original since it had a quadzilla bat wing that was painted to match.. More to come