Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
1!st off!
There should only be one motorcycle The VTX 1800 Honda really should get on the ball and re-visit the best thing on 2 wheels. Now that that's said.
Took off in glorious fashion Loud Music Loud pipes Lookin good.. Ya know the Norm.. :cool: But.. when I shifted from 1st to 2nd (all in one motion) the lever hit the bar and it slammed into 2nd.馃槻
I pulled over to check the fluid. (site glass is more for fluid privacy then level inspection nowadays ) But, we had to go home since my buddy did not have a tool kit on his Harley.. When he asked, why I don't YOU have a tool kit, I replied " Heck brother,,, My VTX just don't break down so I gave it to a Sportster guy" :sneaky: So, when I opened the cap I did notice cloudy fluid and I added a tad. but really didn't look low.. I had just installed a new Clutch and spring set. (Upgrade Only) so the fluid was newish 4 months old maybe...
I thought it was cool but today as per the norm,,, Loud Music Loud pipes you know tha' drill .... and it happened again. So NO>>>> Shes not broken down Just speaking to me for another upgrade or fresh part(s)... Even my wife wants new shoes from time to time...
Question is ... 02 would you rebuild or replace. the master and will flushing be ok I rebuilt the slave ( had it rebuilt ) a year ago. ...
OEM rebuild parts? or is there an aftermarket set that is better.
same question on New master.
Cheers thank you for any advice Joe...

Registered
2002 vtx 1800c here and just had very similar problem happen with mine. Pulled into driveway last night , shifted into 1st , heard very slight pop sound, from what seemed like front of the bike. Clutch lever felt a little springier than normal, drove 100 yards up[ driveway to garage and clutch lever was completely limp, would not disengage to get into neutral, killed engine, pushed into garage, and walked away frustrated, came back an hour later and clutch lever felt normal again, but did not start up to try it. Will look at it again tonight after work. any help is appreciated.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I read the master plunger is bypassing or sticking... rare that no-one (smarter than me) hasn't chimed in on to replace or re-build the master and info on slave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts