Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
I have a car tire on mine, a General Altimax RT43 radial, 205-65-16. I did cut off the helmet lock, but even before then it didn't rub anything. I run 38 psi, Ride-On internal balancer/ sealant, and 90* steel valve stems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a car tire on mine, a General Altimax RT43 radial, 205-65-16. I did cut off the helmet lock, but even before then it didn't rub anything. I run 38 psi, Ride-On internal balancer/ sealant, and 90* steel valve stems.
Why a car tire

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
Do a search here on the VTX Cafe and on Google for "darkside motorcycle tire" and you will find lots to read on the subject.

Reactions: Bluelinelife18

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
Why a car tire
As Vinish suggested, go to the website MCDarksider.com and read all you'll ever want about it. For me, half the price of a MC tire, lasts 3-4 times as long, superior traction wet or dry, superior braking wet or dry, handles mountainous curved roads just fine. There are video's of darksiders doing the Dragon. My bike wasn't intended for speed like a crotch rocket, and a CT works just fine in the sweet spot of 75-85 mph. At a stop, it tends to keep the bike more upright, and for older weaker legs thats a good thing. Riding 2 up it absorbs more of road shocks. Most shops won't mount one, but thats by-passed by telling them it's for either a trailer or a trike. Read up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts