Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It really pains me to have to do this, but my health prevents me from riding. I have waited for things to improve, but it is looking like that day will never come. The bike has sat up for about 2 years with me going out and starting it up every 2 weeks. This had been happening until November when the battery died. It has two flats and someone will need to get it running. It was running fine before all this, and I last rode it around the block in summer 2019. I hate to part with it, but it is a good bike, maybe 75K miles, and it deserves to have a better life.

Bike location: Houston, Tx

Here are some specs: Vance & Hines Big Shots, Scar Mod, Engine Ice, X-Box, spare dark side tire, GMAX helmet circuit, Scout bag, cover

For an additional $300 I will include a Pittsburgh scissor jack, trailer stand, 2XL riding jacket, any remaining parts associated with the bike

I prefer PM contact, and I will respond usually within a few hours.

Thanks for looking.

Motorcycle Motor vehicle Tire Mode of transport Fuel tank

This is the only image I could find at the moment. This has the stock exhaust, but it does have Vance & Hines Big Shots installed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow that's a great deal for a bike. if i was closer i would by it for a second bike. I doubt you will have trouble selling it. Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
11,360 Posts
Flat tires might just need pumped up with air. Lack of starting is likely just a dead battery and maybe a flush of the fuel system. At worst, it probably just needs a carb deep cleaning. Sorry you have to sell and good luck with the sale. How about going to three wheels - trike, spider, or something more exotic.

·
Too short for my weight
5,721 Posts
Sorry you have to sell..... it’ll sell quickly for that price. I’d buy it if you were closer, and I’m selling one of my own! Maybe take the time to get her up to par and sell her for more? Good luck

Reactions: ciresmis

·
Registered
39 Posts
It really pains me to have to do this, but my health prevents me from riding. I have waited for things to improve, but it is looking like that day will never come. The bike has sat up for about 2 years with me going out and starting it up every 2 weeks. This had been happening until November when the battery died. It has two flats and someone will need to get it running. It was running fine before all this, and I last rode it around the block in summer 2019. I hate to part with it, but it is a good bike, maybe 75K miles, and it deserves to have a better life.

Bike location: Houston, Tx

Here are some specs: Vance & Hines Big Shots, Scar Mod, Engine Ice, X-Box, spare dark side tire, GMAX helmet circuit, Scout bag, cover

For an additional $300 I will include a Pittsburgh scissor jack, trailer stand, 2XL riding jacket

I prefer PM contact, and I will respond usually within a few hours.

Thanks for looking.

View attachment 240931

This is the only image I could find at the moment. This has the stock exhaust, but it does have Vance & Hines Big Shots installed.
Sorry to hear about your health and the need to sell. I agree with Vinish, air up the tires, get a battery, give it a wipe down. A running bike with some shine on it will get you mo money! Good Luck to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts