Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 04 1300c
It has a Switchblade windshield with quick mounts.
Problem is the shield does not mount very tight and
with wind and a bump will come off top part of mount.

What would be a cause and cure?

Thanks

·
Bug Catcher
150 Posts
I just bought an 04 1300c
It has a Switchblade windshield with quick mounts.
Problem is the shield does not mount very tight and
with wind and a bump will come off top part of mount.

What would be a cause and cure?

Thanks
Should be able to tighten up the the four pins with a allen wrench i believe.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Sizzle, from the picture you show, if the yo-yo shaped parts are metal, then I do not think tightening the chrome Allen bolts will help. They will not crush the metal yo-yo which would be necessary in order to tighten the pinch of this yo-yo onto the windshield "hook".

·
Mosin Prime
2019 Indian Roadmaster P3 Tail Light w/Photon Blasters Alert Diode DynamicsLEDs Adaptive2 Headlight
834 Posts
I had a Switchblade on my VTX when I had it, and loved it. It was mounted exactly the way the picture shows. The "yoyo" shaped parts should spin, so they shouldn't get tight if you tighten the exterior allen key round nuts. You could add a washer and probably achieve that. But it may just take adjusting the mount that goes around the forks slightly up or down or forward or back so they will all line up with the cutouts on the windshield mount. I lost a couple nuts on mine, and they replaced it for free. So the customer service was good at the company I contacted for help. National Cycle was who I contacted about it. You could try their customer service too, if you don't have any luck. But do you have any pics? That may help too show us whats going on with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts