Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Depends on where you live and how much you ride, I live in the Deep South, ride year round and ride 20,000+ miles a year. I run a tank or two with Seafoam in it every 2-3 months and that is all that is required for my scenario. Not sure what the folks who live in Cold Country do. Some folks only get to ride 3-4 months a year, Bummer!

·
Super Moderator
5,412 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from the sunny central valley in California. Enjoy the Addiction!

If you store your bike for the winter add 1 oz. of Seafoam to the tank per gallon of fuel that it holds (Aprox. 4.76 US Gallons)just before putting her away. Make sure that your tank is topped up with fuel to prevent rust from forming in the tank. I usually put about 5 ozs. Of Seafoam into a small plastic container with a tight fitting lid and add the Seafoam just before filling the tank at the gas station then fill and ride home and put her away, that way the fuel in the carb will have Seafoam in it and the carb will be protected from corrosion!!! If, all of a sudden you get a period of Indian summer, just ride her add however much Seafoam that you guestimate you need, top up the tank and put her away again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts