Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Shadow VTX 1300C Victory
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2004 Shadow VTX 1300C Victory and the bike doesn't want to start all the time. My man thinks bad starter or bad relay maybe. I'm here to ask y'all what you say? Sometimes it starts right up and other times, it won't. He went to the store, shut it down. Came back outta store an it wouldn't start.

Thank you ahead of time for the help:cautious::):unsure:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
First, what bike do you have? Your description, "2004 Shadow VTX 1300C Victory" sounds like the name of three different bikes. These would be a "Shadow", a "VTX1300C", and a "Victory". These are the names of three different types of bike. Which of these three do you have. No bike as any combination of these three names - not even two of these three names.

As for the lack of starting, we need more description of the problem. When the bike will not start, what are the symptoms? Does the starter motor turn the engine but the engine will not "catch" or start running by itself? Does the starter motor not turn and, hence, the engine does not turn? Is there a "click-click-click" sound that accompanies the starter motor not turning?

The first step in any non-start situation is always to get the battery tested. To do this, remove the battery from the bike, fully charge it, take it to any national chain auto parts store, and have them perform a 100 amp load test.

Report back the results of the battery test, the actual bike brand/model, provide a better description of the problem, and, hopefully, we can offer some help.

Reactions: vtx-1300

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
Shadows came in 750 and 1100 sizes. I had a Shadow Spirit 1100, and I know they made at least the ACE model, maybe others, IDK. Appreciate the OP trying to get help, but we need more specific info. What is Bunnell, Fla., near? Maybe one of our followers from down there can help in person.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts