Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a set of vance and hines big shots a kuryokyn hypercharger with k&n filter and had the bike dyno tuned. when i got my bike they didnt tell me they scratched my tank. so i just got it back from them a second time. but when i took it home the first time before i noticed the scratch, the dyno seemed good. no more pops and i could ride it in low gear around town without it loading up. but i got it back after i made them fix my tank this weekend and decided to go over the bike with a fine tooth comb. i had them install the hypercharger and i noticed that there is a hose that is not hooked up to anything. i assume it plugged into the old air box. its about a 1/2 inch or so tube. any ideas on what this is and does it really just not go to anything now? i also note that the are is all open as where it was inclosed before with the air box. i mean you can now see the throttle cabel etc. is that the way it is supposed to be? i was riding yesterday and i heard a loud pop that didnt come from the muffler but around the hypercharger area.im concerned they didnt do something right. the bike still was running good but saturday was hot around 90 and i noticed one spot around 4 to 5000 rpm range of a small pop from the bike. then yesterday it was 20 degrees cooler. no pop. im just afraid because i didnt notice that pop the first time i got the bike back after dyno. im wondering if they messed with the original dyno. i guess weather will affect it some. i would love a map if anyone has one that would fit my bike and upgrades. but the pop i heard from around the hypercharger has me concerned the most. thanks

·
Registered
743 Posts
Does the hose go to the top of the front cylinder? There's a nipple on the back of the Hyper towards the front that it should be connected to. It's the PCV hose. Not the small nipple for vacuum to the butterfly. The hose for the PAIR system was plugged into the back of the stock airbox. That's probably it. Kury says to plug it, but condensation will build up in it and make a gurgling sound. Won't do any damage, just needs to be drained occasionally. PAIR removal will take care of that, or you can put an air filter on the hose. The Hyper is smaller than stock and does expose the throttle cables and bell. The lower front bolt is hard to get to to tighten. Check it. Did you get the pipes sealed good on the heads? Most aftermarket pipes have thinner mounting flanges and require some washers under the acorn nut to get them sealed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well they installed the pipes for me as well as the hypercharger. the bike was running bad after i did the pipes so i bought the fuel commander and hypercharger and let them do that plus dyno it.i just got concerned when i heard that loud pop come from the hypercharger area so i got to looking under the tank closely and found the hose off.and they had the instructions so thanks for the link. ill look into it. it was a race shop i took my bike to so im hoping all is good. just after they scratched my bike and didnt mention it to me im a little concerned about all they did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since you had the bike DynoTuned, out of curiosity, what were the numbers???
HP and Torque?
I have the same setup on my 03 1800R.

Thanks!

·
The world is flat!
6 Posts
I have the same setup on my 2006 N. I had a shop install the Hypercharger (never again!), and they didn't save the map. I took the map off of the Power Commander website. Runs good, but I did get an occasional pop as well. I tightened my throttle cable slightly and it's better now. I assume the popping was due to a slight lag in throttle response and delayed air intake? Maybe not, but it worked!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts