Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any online service manuals to be downloaded for the '06 1800 Neo? If not, does anyone have one they'd like to sell? Thanks in advance.

bacchus

·
Archive Digger
675 Posts
Are there any online service manuals to be downloaded for the '06 1800 Neo? If not, does anyone have one they'd like to sell? Thanks in advance.

bacchus
I've looked for a download and havent found one yet. Closest one I have found is the one in this forum located here: http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=9657
I have heard you can find them on ebay every once in a while..Otherwise the stealer or a reputable book seller will have to order it for you. Good Luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
can't find my manual

I've looked for a download and havent found one yet. Closest one I have found is the one in this forum located here: http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=9657
I have heard you can find them on ebay every once in a while..Otherwise the stealer or a reputable book seller will have to order it for you. Good Luck.
If anyone has there manual can you tell me if you can find in the manual, if there is indeed a 600 mile service requirement. there seems to be some question where the deal is trying to rip me off. Just want to know if anyone see it in there's I have a 06 1800n neo retro.

zomanone

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
If anyone has there manual can you tell me if you can find in the manual, if there is indeed a 600 mile service requirement. there seems to be some question where the deal is trying to rip me off. Just want to know if anyone see it in there's I have a 06 1800n neo retro.

zomanone
This is a subject that has been covered WAY too many times in the past...
There is NO 600 mile service. It is a way for the dealer to get more money out of you pockets.It is not in the owners manual, it is not in the service manual. The one thing that you may want to consider is changing your "break-in" oil. And saying that opens another HUGE can of worms.

All I can say is maybe change your oil at 600 miles, always use a good filter and recommended oil, go through your bike and make sure all the nuts and bolts are still tight.
There is a wealth of information on this site, use it to your advantage.
Also .... there are no dumb questions, none of us are born with this knowledge, or any knowledge for that matter. We all need to be given this information, and learn from each others mistakes.

My .02

·
Archive Digger
675 Posts
Yeah.. the 600 mile maintenance is kinda confusing. Its listed in my owners manual service grid, but there is nothing to indicate to check anything. The whole 600 mile column is blank. I am still going to take mine in. Dealer is doing it for the cost of parts only and he knows I change my own oil, so we'll see what he comes up with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts