Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

06 s and 09 T-Model VTX

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Turnerman45 
#1 ·
I've got three questions here .

1. Does anybody know what the differences are in the 06 s model and the 09 t model?

2. Also has anybody ever used the baron risers 4 inch with a 1 and 1/2 kick back where the original bars on a s model if so do you have to replace cables or just rearrange the cables?

3. One more question does anybody know where the user manual should be on the 06 s model? I found the little tool holder. But so far I have not found the manual.

#2 ·
R/S/T models have different exhausts in 2008+ (2007 and under are different). Because they have a different exhaust, they have a different bracket. If you change the bracket, you can use the earlier exhausts.

I learned this when I did my Roadhouse Classic 2:1 exhaust. I had to buy a 2007 and earlier bracket to get the exhaust to work (Roadhouse went out of business in 2008).

Other than the exhaust, I don't think there are any other differences other than:

T vs S, will be mag wheels vs spoke on the S, then accessories. The T would have come with bags, and a windshield (I believe). Everything else is the same.

Reactions: PaXman11
#3 ·
3. One more question does anybody know where the user manual should be on the 06 s model? I found the little tool holder. But so far I have not found the manual.

Owners manual should have been inside the tool box

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.