Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Keep er safe!! Joe
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just by looking at # of viewers on each forum, VTX1300 and VTX1800 it almost always indicates there are twice as many on the 1300 thread. So I ask, is there a post somewhere that shows how many members are 1300 owners and how many 1800's? :confused::choppersm

Just asken that's all.

Joe

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
I have never seen anything like that but there are

208,614 posts on the 1300 forums
54,079 posts on the 1800 forums

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
There are for sure more 1300 owners on here than 1800's...However there are quite a few members on here thats had a 1300 and moved up to an 1800 and quite a few that own both!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Im not going to knock the 1800 but if you short like me the 1800 is top heavy for us.Ive got friends that own them love them but they all say the same when they are short guys like me. People who are taller then me, which dont take much, dont seem to have that problem.

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
Im not going to knock the 1800 but if you short like me the 1800 is top heavy for us.Ive got friends that own them love them but they all say the same when they are short guys like me. People who are taller then me, which dont take much, dont seem to have that problem.

I have heard that a few times...However I had a 1300 and went over to the 1800 and I don't find that to be true...I dunno maybe it's just me, I am very short and I just don't have a problem with it...Only time I do encounter a problem is when I need to back it out of a prking spot :eek:..I do feel the extra weight then, but thats really the only time I feel a difference in the 2...I dunno other people may experience different things, I myself have just never felt that way even from day 1...:hmm2:

·
Registered
313 Posts
As you can see by the above picture Im not the tallest . The 1800 was just a little too tall for me I did not have good foot planting when I was stopped that what made it top heavy for me.

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
I hear ya...Only thing I have had done is I did have Robert Lower me in my seating position recently....I am 5'5" and he lowered me in my seat about an inch and a half and that really helped me with the backing up issue....absolutely nothing wrong with not being comfortable on it...I have friends alot taller than I am tell me all the time they feel short on the X....I dunno i can't explain it...

·
Equito Passim
9,148 Posts
I look at it this way:

I dont care what you're on.

At the time, the 1800 was the largest production V-Twin on the market. It was certainly appealing to some people to have that much power under them, or to be able to boast that "they had the biggest".

Apparently, tho... it was Not as appealing to More people because they stopped producing them due to lack of sales. (2008 was the last year for them).

The 1300 is still a Large V-Twin Engine, when you look at the entire cruiser market.

Is it the biggest? No, but a 1300 still has plenty of power..

Also keep in mind the 1800 was considerably more epxensive than the 1300 was.

I think the majority of people out there aren't power junkies. Give them enough power, they're satisfied.

Hell, if they made a Shadow Aero 1100, I would have had to consider that very seriously versus the VTX1300R (Same bike, basically) but they only had 750's, and I didnt want a Small V-Twin To me the line is drawn at 1000cc's.

-Gonz

·
Registered
245 Posts
Let me ask the queston?

With the cost of the mod's to our bikes to improve performance, why not? Install a 1800 motor into a 1300 Chassis. I'm not sure of the dimensional differences and the 1800 has FI with a different computer, but why not?
I saw a 1800 motor with low miles for $1500. I remember reading a few years back on the VTXOA that some 1300 owners would state they had no problem running with or out running the 1800's. I guess the weight to HP ratio would be the issue. Has anyone done this swap?
Please, Please don't take this as a 1300 vs 1800 ego, HP, testosterone thing.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The 1300 is a good motor, and guy are just changeing thing to get the full use out of them.
The 1300 is not going to out run the 1800, because of the top end speed difference, some 1300 may and can stay with the 18s to about 80 or so, it depends on the 18. Some may come close to them in the 1/4 mile times also.
Every bike is different

·
Registered
239 Posts
If we do the math, they are about equal.
one VTX1800 + one 1800 rider = three VTX1300 + three 1300 riders!

I can only speak for myself as an 1800 rider-"I ain't fat, I be fluffy".:D

·
Registered
265 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but my 1300 was $3500 cheaper than a comparable 1800. $3500 can buy quite a few upgrades.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
When I went to my local place I was originally looking at the Suzuki C109... it was 'very' tall... I'm 5'6"... so I looked at the Yamaha Warrior and the Vtx, at the time they were trying to get rid of their 2007 hold over 1800's... I sat on one, felt right... bought it... I think I 'may' have sat on someone's 1300, but that's about it so I really don't know the difference... always been on the 1800 and enjoy it.

As for the OP topic, I never pay attention to which section I'm in (which sometimes I've made an error in response because of it) so I post in the 1300 sections all the time...

Mort

Added note: I sat on Wanderingbear's 1800 once... his bike 'feels' WAY bigger than mine... both 1800's... maybe it's because of how it was dressed or gripping his puffy Kury ISO's... dunno... but even x 1800 compared to y 1800 is different in my honest opinion...

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
truth be told, I was looking for a bigger bike. I was riding a shadow 750, I'm 6'1 200 lbs and felt a little like a circus bear on it. I found the X on ebay and could not beat the price. This was the only VTX I'd ever seen and I didn't even know that Honda made a 1300. Might have gone with that, but I'm really happy with my 1800 and in my world that's all that matters.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts