Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put some 4 1/2 risers on an 09 1300R. The cables work after I moved them behind the triple tree. But I noticed that when the bars are straight, and more so when they are turned right, they bind where they come out from under the tank and the throttle does not snap back to idle. Going to replace them. Looking at Magnum Shielding, Barnett, and Motion Pro. And open to look at others. Question is are any truly better than the other, or is it just preference? Also, are the stainless worth the money for functionality, of do they just look better?

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
I replace all the cables on my wife's 2006 1300S. I used Magnum Sterling Chromite II and they were AWESOME. I don't think they work any better than other brands but they looked amazing. I also replace the front brake line with similar looking "white" stainless lines. If you do the brake line, pay VERY careful attention to the clocking position of the banjo joints on each end, get a line where the banjo joints can be rotated, or get a line with a rotatable coupling in the middle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think I am going to leave the brake line and do the throttles for now. I do like the way the stainless looks. Probably do throttle for now since they are giving me problems, and do the clutch soon. Maybe brake in the future just for looks. Thinking about the Glens clutch pull relief also. Not had a problem with mine but people say this is a great mod. Haven’t thought I need it but may give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
9,657 Posts
Be careful with the stock brake line on extended handlebars. On a full lock right turn, the stock brake line can be stretched by the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts