Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Re: http://tinyurl.com/28l7jxa

Just received this backrest today. So I removed it from the box and lo, 2 holes in the mounting bracket at the base, to the rear of the backrest. The 1300C has one mounting bolt at the rear of the driver's seat (to the front of the backrest). The base of the bracket is formed at a 90 deg. angle--couldn't possibly match the curvature of the rear fender in any fashion, crosswise, or lengthwise. The base of the bracket is absolutely flat.

Seems that they are rather careless with their fitment information. It's the season of long weekends, so I'll have to play roulette with the customer service end of this company next week.

Anyone have any good experiences with them before?

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Link don't work, so I can't visualize your problem exactly...As far as Mutazu products, I have a luggage rack from them, and pair of saddlebags...The luggage rack still looks brand new after 2+ years, and so far the saddlebags are holding up perfectly........

Upon further review by typing in the item number, and then going to Mutazu's site, then looking at your avatar, I see the problem...You have an aftermarket two piece Mustang seat on your ride, not the stock one piece Honda seat...It says in their ad that the stock seat hardware must be used for proper fitment....Not the fault of the manufacturer in this case....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upon further review by typing in the item number, and then going to Mutazu's site, then looking at your avatar, I see the problem...You have an aftermarket two piece Mustang seat on your ride, not the stock one piece Honda seat...It says in their ad that the stock seat hardware must be used for proper fitment....Not the fault of the manufacturer in this case....
Actually, the stock seat is a one piece seat, so there's no way it could work with the stock seat that came with my 2007 1300C. Neither do the mounting bolts on the fender match the holes in the bracket in any way, seat or no seat. But your post let's me know that they seem to be legit.

[fixed URL, evidently it was too long for the forum software]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts