Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I wanted to put a 1300 c 19" front wheel on my R could I do this without major modifications? the reason behind this is my dislike of the spoke wheels.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I don't have any pics but yes, you can. I did it and love it. I also put a C rear on replacing the rear spoke rim I had. It's a direct swap (both rims). The only thing to remember is that when buying new tires for the front they are 19"s and not 17"s.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you have to do anything else or just swap? and thanks

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Make sure the "C" wheel has the brake rotor adapter plate (and preferably the rotor also)...The adapter plate is not available for sale separately, only with a brand new rotor from Honda...Otherwise, it's a direct bolt-on....The 19" C wheel looks sooooo much better in the R fender...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Make sure the "C" wheel has the brake rotor adapter plate (and preferably the rotor also)...The adapter plate is not available for sale separately, only with a brand new rotor from Honda...Otherwise, it's a direct bolt-on....The 19" C wheel looks sooooo much better in the R fender...
So just want to make sure............
So if I put a "C" front wheel on a "R" on the Front I will have to buy some type of adapter????

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
So just want to make sure............
So if I put a "C" front wheel on a "R" on the Front I will have to buy some type of adapter????
No, the "R" wheel has the same adapter...When going from spokes to a cast wheel, the spoke wheel doesn't have the rotor adapter....OP is going from spokes to a cast wheel...Why he's calling his "S" an "R" is beyond me...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts